Home > Archives > IJSRST173753
A Novel Study of Blackhole Attacks in MANET
Authors(3) :-Muntaha Manzoor Khan, Dr. Rakesh Kumar, Er. Preety Chaudhary
Mobile ad hoc network is used in all types of digital and data communication. Since it is wireless so it is more prone to attacks then other methods of communication. Actually it is decentralized system which means it uses autonomous wireless nodes. So every node can behave as a router as well as a host. Also the topology can be varied as nodes are mobile. These nodes have the self configuration policy so any other node can join the network and can influence the network. There are different types of attacks in MANET. In the network layer wormhole, blackhole, Byzantine and other attacks can occur. In this paper there is review of blackhole problem in the MANET.
Muntaha Manzoor Khan, Dr. Rakesh Kumar, Er. Preety Chaudhary
MANET, Blackhole, Mobile, routing, Wireless Communication, Network, Security Attacks, Nodes
- F. H. Tseng, L. D. Chou, H. C. Chao, "A survey of Blackhole attacks in wireless mobile ad hoc networks," Springer Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, pp. 1- 16, 2011.
- N. Sharma and A. Sharma, "The Black-hole node attack in MANET," Second International Conference on Advanced Computing & Communication Technologies, pp. 546- 550, 2012.??
- K. J. Sarma, R. Sharma and R. Das, "A Survey of Blackhole Attack Detection in MANET," Internationai Conference on Issues and Challenges in Intelligent Computing Techniques, pp. 201- 205, 2014.?
- D. R. Choudhury, L. Ragha and N. Marathe, "Implementing and improving the performance of AODV by receive reply method and securing it from Blackhole attack," International Conference on Advanced? Computing Technologies and Applications, pp. 564- 570, 2015.??
- A. Dhaka, A. Nandal and R. S. Dhaka, "Gray and Blackhole Attack Identi?cation using Control Packets in MANETs," Eleventh International Multi-Conference on Information Processing, pp. 83- 91, 2015.
- A. V. Kumar, K. Selvamani and P. K. Arya, "Reputed Packet Delivery using Efficient Audit Misbehaviour Detection? and Monitoring Method in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Communication & Convergence, pp. 489- 496, 2015.
- Md. A. Abdelshafy, P. J. B. King, "Resisting Blackhole Attacks on MANETs," 13th IEEE Annual Consumer Communications & Networking Conference, 2016.
- S. R. Deshmukh, P. N. Chatur and N. B. Bhople," AODV-Based Secure Routing Against Blackhole Attack in MANET," IEEE International Conference On Recent Trends In Electronics Information Communication Technology, pp. 1960- 1964, 2016.
- B. Sun, Y. Guan and J. Chen, "Detecting black-hole attack in mobile ad hoc networks," Personal Mobile Communications Conference, 2003. 5th European, 2003.
- V. Kumar and R. Kumar, "An Adaptive Approach for Detection of Blackhole Attack in Mobile Ad hoc Network," Elsevier ICCC- 15, pp. 472- 479, 2015
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 216-222
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173753
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Muntaha Manzoor Khan, Dr. Rakesh Kumar, Er. Preety Chaudhary, "A Novel Study of Blackhole Attacks in MANET", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.216-222, September-October-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173753