Home > Archives > IJSRST173772
A Review on Heat Transfer Enhancement by Using Helical Coil Heat Exchanger
Authors(3) :-Dr. J. H. Bhangale, D. A. Bendale, Prof. V. S. Daund
This study gives comparison of helical coil heat exchanger with straight tube heat exchanger as well as analysis of helical coil heat exchanger and enhancement the heat transfer rate in helical coil heat exchangers. In this work, only heat transfer analysis was taken in to consideration excluding pressure drop analysis. The reason doing so is, we know pressure drop is an issue for these kinds of techniques. Many researchers worked and concluded that with some unavoidable penalty at pressure drop wire coils are best amongst all other. Thus only heat transfer was focused skipping pressure drop considerations.
Dr. J. H. Bhangale, D. A. Bendale, Prof. V. S. Daund
Helical Coil Heat Exchanger, Heat Transfer, Heat Exchanger.
- Swapnil Ahire, Purushottam Shelke, Bhalchandra Shinde, Nilesh Totala., Fabrication and analysis of counter flow helical coil heat exchanger, IJETT Vol-15(2014).
- Chinna Ankanna, Siddha Reddy. , Performance analysis of fabricated helical coil heat exchanger, International Journal of Engineering Research, (March 2014), 3(1), pp: 33-39, 2347-5013
- N. Jamshidi, M. Farhadi, D.D. Ganji, K. Sedighi, Experimental analysis of heat transfer enhancement in shell and helical tube heat exchangers, Applied Thermal Engineering 51 (2013) 644-652.
- J.S. Jayakumara, S.M. Mahajania, J.C. Mandala, P.K. Vijayanb, Rohidas Bhoia, Experimental and CFD estimation of heattransfer in helically coiled heat exchangers, chemical engineering research and design 86 (2008) 221-232.
- Paisarn Naphon, Thermal performance and pressure drop of the helical-coil heat exchangers with and without helically crimped fins, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 34, (2007), 321-330.
- D. G. Prabhanjan, G. S. V. Ragbavan and T. J. Kennic, Comparison of heat transfer rates between a straight tube heat exchanger and a helically coiled heat exchanger, lnt. Comm. Heat Mass Transfer, (2002), Vol. 29(2), pp. 185-191.
- Pramod S. Purandarea, Mandar M. Leleb, Rajkumar Guptac, Parametric analysis of helical coil heat exchanger, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, (2012), Vol. 1 (8).
- N.D.Shirgire, P.Vishwanath Kumar, Review on comparative study between helical coil and straight tube heat exchanger , IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, (2013) Volume 8(2), PP 55-59.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 373-376
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173772
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. J. H. Bhangale, D. A. Bendale, Prof. V. S. Daund, "A Review on Heat Transfer Enhancement by Using Helical Coil Heat Exchanger", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.373-376, September-October-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173772