Home > Archives > IJSRST173778
A Review on Experimental Investigation of Modified U-Tube Heat Exchanger
Authors(4) :-Manish Maurya, Hiren Ladumor, Manish Tiwari, Dhaval Maheshwari
A Modify U-tube heat exchanger with the different type of tube is designed, fabricated and tested. The experimental investigation for the proposed model and the original single tube u-tube heat exchanger are conducted. The operation performances of the two heat exchangers are also compared. The results suggest that, under the same conditions, the overall performance of the new result is 20–30% more efficient than that of the single tube heat exchanger. U-tube heat exchanger is generally used in industry. In u-tube heat exchanger tube shape is u type and it is counter flow type heat exchanger. U-tube heat exchanger main part is shell, shell cover, u-tubes, tube bundle, baffles. In u-tube heat exchanger shell side fluid is cold water as cold fluid is used and tube side fluid is hot water as hot fluid is used.
In this experiment we will measure different characteristic parameter like efficiency, effectiveness, pressure drop.
Manish Maurya, Hiren Ladumor, Manish Tiwari, Dhaval Maheshwari
U-tube heat exchanger, Thermo-hydraulic Performance, TEMA, Baffles
- J.J Liu, Z.C Liu, W. Liu, “3D Numerical study on shell side heat transfer and flow characteristic of rod baffle heat exchanger with spirally corrugated tube,” International Journal of Thermal Science (2014).
- Pooja.J.Pawar , Rupesh.J.Yadav, “Experimental Investigation of shell and tube heat exchanger with different types of baffles,” International Journal of Current Engineering And Technology (2016).
- Alok Vyas, Prashant Sharma, “An experimental analysis study to improve performance of tubular heat exchanger,” International Journal of Engineering Research And Application (2013).
- Kartik M Trevedi, Dhaval? kumar A Maheshwari, “A review on experimental? investigation of u-tube heat exchanger using plain tube and corrugated tube,” International Journal Of Engineering Research And Application (2015).
- Andre L H Costa, Eduardo M Quiroz, “Design optimization of shell and tube heat exchanger,” Applied Thermal Engineering (2008).
- Darshan patel , Prexa parika, “Numerical simulation and experiment performance for comparison of shell and tube heat exchanger with plain tube and corrugated tube,” International journal of innovative science (2015).
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 448-450
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173778
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Manish Maurya, Hiren Ladumor, Manish Tiwari, Dhaval Maheshwari, "A Review on Experimental Investigation of Modified U-Tube Heat Exchanger", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.448-450, September-October-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173778