Home > Archives > IJSRST173780
Improvement of Transient Stability of Dfig Based Wind Generator by Resistive Type Solid State Fault Current Limiter Using Fuzzy Controller
Authors(2) :-B. Rajesh, Dr. K. Jithendra Gowd
Transient stability is one of the main problems for the Doubly-Fed Induction Generator (DFIG) based variable speed Wind Generator (WG) system during the fault, as DFIGs stator windings are straight forwardly associated with the grid. In this paper, a resistive type solid state fault current limiter (R-type SSFCL) with fuzzy logic controller is proposed to expand the transient stability of the DFIG based variable speed WG system. A three-line-to-ground (3LG), twofold line-to-ground (2LG) and single-line-to-ground (1LG) deficiencies were connected to one of the doubled circuit transmission lines of the test system to explore the R-type SSFCL transient stability execution. Furthermore, a Bridge type Fault Current Limiter (BFCL) and a LR-type Solid State Fault Current Limiter (SSFCL-LR) are additionally considered to contrast their execution and the proposed R-type SSFCL. Simulations were done in MATLAB/Simulink programming. Simulation results demonstrate that the SSFCL upgrades the transient stability of the DFIG system. Besides, this R-type SSFCL with fuzzy logic controller works superior to the R-type SSFCL with pi controller, BFCL, and LR-SSFCL in every prospect.
B. Rajesh, Dr. K. Jithendra Gowd
DFIG, BFCL ,SSFCL, Wind Generator, Transient Stability.
- M. M. Husain, and M. H. Ali, "Future research directions for the wind turbine generator system" Renewable and Renewable Energy Reviews, vol.49, 481?489, 2015.
- M. H. Ali, Wind Energy Systems: Solutions for Power Quality and Stabilization, First. Florida, USA: Taylor & Francis Group, CRC Press, 2012.
- G. Rashid, and M. H. Ali, "Transient Stability Enhancement of Doubly Fed Induction Machine-Based Wind Generator by Bridge-Type Fault Current Limiter," IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion, vol.PP, no. 99, pp. 1?9, Feb. 2015.
- A.Fereidouni, M. A.Masoum, T.Hosseinimehr, and M. Moghbel, "Performance of LR-type solid-state fault current limiter in improving power quality and transient stability of power grid with wind turbine generators" International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 74, 172-186,2016.
- J. Mohammadi, S. Vaez-Zadeh, S. Afsharnia, and E. Daryabeigi, "A Combined Vector and Direct Power Control for DFIG-Based Wind Turbines," IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 767?775, Jul. 2014.
- A. Abramovitz and K. Smedley, "Survey of solid-state fault current limiters," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 2770?2782, Jun. 2012.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 7 | September-October 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-10-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 434-441
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173780
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
B. Rajesh, Dr. K. Jithendra Gowd, "Improvement of Transient Stability of Dfig Based Wind Generator by Resistive Type Solid State Fault Current Limiter Using Fuzzy Controller", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 7, pp.434-441, September-October-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173780