Home > Archives > IJSRST173810
ANFIS based Control Strategy for Low Voltage Ride through Capability in DFIG based Wind Farm
Authors(2) :-B. Sudhakar Naik, S. Sunil Naik
This paper deals with the operation of doubly fed induction generator (DFIG) with Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy interface system (ANFIS) using rotor-side converter (RSC). Protection against voltage dips is very important for a transient stability in doubly fed induction generator (DFIG). Conventional crowbar circuits have been used for protection of DFIGs; however, they may be insufficient in some transient situations. Therefore, the Low Voltage Ride through (LVRT) capability was enhanced by a Demagnetization Current Controller (DCC) for the purpose of transient analysis. The main contribution of this work lies in the control of RSC using Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy interface system (ANFIS). In addition, both stator and rotor circuit electromotive forces were modeled in a DFIG. The performances of the DFIG models with DCC, without DCC and with ANFIS were compared. Modeling was carried out in a MATLAB/SIMULINK environment. A comparison of system behaviors was made between three phase faults with and without a stator rotor dynamic. Parameters for the DFIG including output voltage, speed, electrical torque variations and d–q axis rotor–stator current variations in addition to a 34.5 kV bus voltage were examined. It was found that in the DFIG model the system became stable in a short time when using an ANFIS.
B. Sudhakar Naik, S. Sunil Naik
Doubly Fed Induction Generator (DFIG), Demagnetization Current Controller (DCC), Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Interface System (ANFIS), LVRT.
- Pena R, Clare JC, Asher GM. Doubly fed induction generator using back-to-back PWM converters and its application to variable speed wind-energy generation.ProcInst Elect EngElectr Power Appl 1996;143(3):231-41.
- Hansen LH, Helle L, Blaabjerg F, Ritchie E, Munk-Nielsen S, Bindner H, S?rensenP, et al. Conceptual survey of generators and power electronics for wind turbines.Ris? Nat. Lab., Roskilde, Denmark, Tech. Rep. Ris?-R-1205(EN) December 2001.
- Rodr?guez JM, Fern?ndez JL, Beato D, Iturbe R, Usaola J, Ledesma P, et al.Incidence on power system dynamics of high penetration of fixed speed anddoubly fed wind energy systems. Study of the Spanish case. IEEE Trans PowerSyst 2002;17(4):1089-95.
- Meegahapola LG, Littler T, Flynn D. Decoupled-DFIG fault ride-throughstrategy for enhanced stability performance during grid faults. IEEE TransSustain Energy 2010;1(3):152-62.
- Hu S, Lin X, Kang Y, Zou X. An improved low-voltage ride-through controlstrategy of doubly fed induction generator during grid faults. IEEE Trans PowerElectron 2011;26(12):3653-65.
- Mohseni M, Islam SM. Transient control of DFIG-based wind power plants incompliance with the Australian grid code. IEEE Trans Power Electron 2012;27(6):2813-24.
- Xie D, Xu Z, Yang L, Ostergaard J, Xue Y, Wong KP. A comprehensive LVRTcontrol strategy for DFIG wind turbines with enhanced reactive power support.IEEE Trans Power Syst 2013;28(3):3302-10.
- Sarkhanloo S, Yazdankhah MAS, Kazemzadeh R. A new control strategy forsmall wind farm with capabilities of supplying required reactive power andtransient stability improvement. Renew Energy 2012;44:32-9.
- Ling Y, Xu C. Rotor current dynamics of doubly fed induction generators duringgrid voltage dip and rise. Electr Power Energy Syst 2013;44(1):17-24.
- Ling Y, Xu C, Ningbo W. Rotor current transient analysis of DFIG-based windturbines during symmetrical voltage faults. Energy Convers Manage2013;76:910-7.
- Mohseni M, Masoum MA, Islam SM. Low and high voltage ride-through ofDFIG wind turbines using hybrid current controlled converters. ElectrPowerSyst Res 2011;81(7):1456-65.
- da Costa JP, Pinheiro H, Degner T, Arnold G. Robust controller for DFIGs of gridconnectedwind turbines. IEEE Trans Power Electron 2011;58(9):4023-38.
- Kyaw MM, Ramachandaramurthy VK. Fault ride through and voltageregulation for grid connected wind turbine. Renew Energy 2011;36:206-15.
- Yang L, Xu Z, Ostergaard J, Dong ZY, Wong KP. Advanced control strategy ofDFIG wind turbines for power system fault ride through. IEEE Trans Power Syst2012;27(2):713-22.
- Rahimi M, Parniani M. Grid-fault ride-through analysis and control of windturbines with doubly fed induction generators. Electr Power Syst Res 2010;80(2):184-96.
- Dai J, Xu D, Wu B, Zargari NR. Unified DC-link current control for low-voltageride-through in current-source-converter-based wind energy conversionsystems. IEEE Trans Power Electron 2011;26(1):288-97.
- Yao J, Li H, Chen Z, Xia X, Chen X, Li Q, et al. Enhanced control of a DFIG-basedwind-power generation system with series grid-side converter underunbalanced grid voltage conditions. IEEE Trans Power Electron 2013;28 (7):3167-81.
- Hossain MJ, Saha TK, Mithulananthan N, Pota HR. Control strategies foraugmenting LVRT capability of DFIGs in interconnected power systems. IEEETransInd Electron 2013;60(6):2510-22.
- Xiao S, Yang G, Zhou H, Geng H. An LVRT control strategy based on flux linkagetracking for DFIG-based WECS. IEEE Trans Ind Electron 2013;60(7):2820-32.
- Mohsen R, Parniani M. Efficient control scheme of wind turbines with doublyfed induction generators for low voltage ride-through capability enhancement.IET Renew Power Gen 2010;4(3):242-52.
- Mendes VF, de Sousa CV, Silva SR, CezarRabelo B, Hofmann W. Modeling andride-through control of doubly fed induction generators during symmetricalvoltage sags. IEEE Trans Energy Convers 2011;26(4):1161-71.
- Lopez J, Gub?a E, Olea E, Ruiz J, Marroyo L. Ride through of wind turbines with doubly fed induction generator under symmetrical voltage dips. IEEE Trans Ind Electron 2009;56(10):4246-54.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 108-117
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173810
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
B. Sudhakar Naik, S. Sunil Naik, "ANFIS based Control Strategy for Low Voltage Ride through Capability in DFIG based Wind Farm", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.108-117, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173810