Home > Archives > IJSRST1738121
A Novel Hybrid Digital Image Watermarking Scheme based on IWT and SVD
Authors(1) :-K. Basavaraju
In this paper, A Hybrid Digital Image Watermarking method using IWT and SVD is presented which can be used for copyright protection through owner identification. The watermark pixel values are directly embedded into the singular values of 1-level IWT decomposed sub-bands. Digital signature based authentication mechanism is used to solve the false positive problem faced by most of the SVD-based watermarking methods. The digital signature mechanism consists of signature generation, embedding after embedding the watermark and extraction. The ownership is then authenticated before extraction of watermarks. Hence the scheme attains security. The experimental results reveal the superiority of the proposed method in terms of imperceptibility, robustness and capacity due to the properties of IWT and SVD. To verify the feasibility of the proposed scheme, MATLAB simulation is used.
Integer wavelets transform, Singular value decomposition, Imperceptibility, Robustness, Security.
- N. M. Makbol, B.E. Khoo, Robust blind image watermarking scheme based on RDWT and SVD, AE?,Int. J. Electron. Commun. 67 (2) (2013) 102-112.
- S. Lagzian, M. Soryani, M. Fathy, Robust watermarking scheme based on RDWT-SVD: embedding data in all subbands, in: International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing (AISP), 2011, pp. 48-52
- E. Ganic, A.M. Eskicioglu, Robust embedding of visual watermarks using discrete wavelet transform and singular value decomposition, J. Electron. Imaging 14 (4) (2005) 043004.
- K. Loukhaoukha, J.Y. Chouinard, Hybrid watermarking algorithm based on SVD and lifting wavelet transform for ownership verification, in: Canadian Workshop on Information Theory, 2009, pp. 177-182.
- Y.P. Lee, J.C. Lee, W.K. Chen, K.C. Chang, I.J. Su, C.P. Chang, High-payload image hiding with quality recovery using tri-way pixel-value differencing, Inf. Sci. 191 (2012) 214-225.
- W. Sweldens, The lifting scheme: aconstruction of second generation wavelets,SIAM J. Math. Anal. 29 (2) (1998) 511-546.X.P. Zhang, K. Li, Comments on “An SVD-based watermarking scheme for protecting rightful ownership”, IEEE Trans. Multimed. 7(3) (2005) 593-594.
- I. Daubechies, W. Sweldens, Factoring wavelet transforms into lifting steps,J. Fourier Anal. Appl. 4(3) (1998) 245-267.H. Chao and P. Fisher, An approach of fast integer reversible wavelet transform for image compression, preprint, Infinop, Deaton, TX 76208 1996.
- Z.-z. Jia, H.-Y. Zhu, W.-s. Cheng, Ablind watermarking algorithm based on lifting wavelet transform and scrambling technology, in: International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering (ICECE), 2010, pp. 4576-4579.G. Strang, T. Nguyen. Wavelets and Filter Banks.Wellesley-Cambridge Press, 1996.
- A. Koz, Digital watermarking based on human visual system, Master’s thesis, Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Orta Dogu Teknik University,2002.
- I. Cox, M. Miller, J. Bloom, J. Fridrich, T. Kalker, Digital Watermarking and Steganography, 2nd ed., Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco, CA,USA, 2007.
- R. Liu, T. Tan, An SVD-based watermarking scheme for protecting rightful ownership, IEEE Trans. Multimed. 4(1) (2002) 121-128.
- S. Lagzian, M. Soryani, M. Fathy, Anew robust watermarking scheme based on RDWT-SVD, Int. J. Intell. Inf. Process. 2(1) (2011) 22-29.
- S. Rastegar, F. Namazi, K. Yaghmaie, A. Aliabadian, Hybrid watermarking algorithm based on singular value decomposition and radon transform, AE?, Int. J.Electron. Commun. 65 (7) (2011) 658-663.
- C.C. Lai, C.C. Tsai, Digital image watermarking using discrete wavelet transform and singular value decomposition, IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas. 59 (11) (2010) 3060-3063.
- L. Xiao, Z. Wei, J. Ye, Comments on “Robust embedding of visual watermarks using discrete wavelet transform and singular value decomposition” and theoretical analysis, J. Electron. Imaging 17 (4) (2008) 040501.
- X.P. Zhang, K. Li, Comments on “An SVD-based watermarking scheme for protecting rightful ownership”, IEEE Trans. Multimed. 7(3) (2005) 593-594.
- H.C. Ling, R.C.W. Phan, S.H. Heng, On the security of a hybrid watermarking algorithm based on singular value decomposition and radon transform, AE?,Int. J. Electron. Commun. 65 (11) (2011) 958-960.
- A. Gupta, M. Raval, A robust and secure watermarking scheme based on singular values replacement, Sadhana 37 (2012) 425-440.
- A. Calderbank, I. Daubechies, W. Sweldens, B.L. Yeo, and Wavelet transforms that map integers to integers, Appl. Comput. Harmon. Anal. 5(3) (1998) 332-369.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 487-493
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1738121
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
K. Basavaraju, "A Novel Hybrid Digital Image Watermarking Scheme based on IWT and SVD", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.487-493, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1738121