Home > Archives > IJSRST173819
Secure Communication Based On Authentication Techniques Using NIDS
Authors(2) :-P. Thangavel, Dr. A. SenthilKumar
Network Security is a unique, efficient and beneficial part in the management of network. Mostly many organizations around the world spend millions of revenue in every year for the safety and provide security regarding valuable corporate form of dataís and information. Authentication is one of the primary and most commonly ways of ascertaining and ensuring security in the network. In this paper, an attempt has been made to analyze the various authentication techniques such as Knowledge-based, Token-based and Biometric-based etc. Furthermore, we consider multi-factor authentications by choosing a combination of above techniques and try to compare them. This paper gives a description ofthe available approaches for a network intrusion detection system (NIDS) in both software and hardware implementation.
P. Thangavel, Dr. A. SenthilKumar
Authentication; Denial of service; RSA;
Network Intrusion Detection System
- Lawrence O'Gorman, "Comparing Passwords, Tokens, and Biometrics for User Authentication", Vol. 91, No. 12, Dec. 2003, pp. 2019-2040 a 2003 IEEE.
- Hafiz Zahid Ullah Khan, "Comparative Study of Authentication Techniques", IJVIPNS-IJENS Vol: 10 No: 04.
- Online]Available: http://www.authenticationworld.com/Token-Authentication.
- Online]Available: http://www.authenticationworld.com/Authentication-Biometrics.
- Jae-Jung Kim and Seng-Phil Hong, "A Method of Risk Assessment for Multi-Factor Authentication", Journal of Information Processing Systems, Vol.7, No.1, March 2011.
- Qinghua Li, Student Member, IEEE, and Guohong Cao, Fellow, IEEE "Multicast Authentication in the Smart Grid with One Time Signature", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SMART GRID, VOL. 2, NO. 4, DECEMBER 2011.
- Online]Available: http://www.duosecurity.com.
- Stamati Gkarafli, Anastasios A. Economides, "Comparing the Proof by Knowledge Authentication Techniques", international Journal of Computer Science and Security (IJCSS), Volume (4): Issue (2).
- Roger Meyer, "Secure authentication on the internet"As the part of security reading room, SANS institute 2007.
- R. Dhamija, and A. Perrig,"D?j? Vu: "A User Study Using Images for Authentication", 9th USENIX Security Symposium, 2000.
- R. Morris, K. Thompson, "Password security: A case history," Comm. ACM, Vol.22, no. 11, Nov. 1979, pp. 594-597.
- B. L. Riddle, M. S. Miron, J. A. Semo, "Passwords in use in a university timesharing environment," Computers and Security, Vol. 8, no. 7, 1989, pp. 569-579.
- S. M. Bellovin, M. Merritt, "Encrypted key exchange: Password-based protocols secure against dictionary attacks," Proc. 1992 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Research in Security and Privacy, 1992, pp. 72-84.
- Anupriya Shrivastava, M A Rizvi, ''RESEARCH ARTICLE Network Security Analysis Based on Authentication Techniques ''. A Monthly Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology .ISSN 2320?088X ,IJCSMC, Vol. 3, Issue. 6, June 2014, pg.11 ? 18. A Monthly Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Miss. Shwetambari G. Pundkar, Prof. Dr. G. R. Bamnote, "RESEARCH ARTICLE ANALYSIS OF FIREWALL TECHNOLOGY IN COMPUTER NETWORK SECURITY" .ISSN 2320?088X ,IJCSMC, Vol. 3, Issue. 4, April 2014, pg.841 ? 846.
- A. Wool, "A quantitative study of firewall configuration errors," Computer, vol. no. 6,2004.
- Akdeniz, Y. ( 2003). An Advocacy Handbook for the Non Governmental Organizations. Cyber-Rights and Cyber-Liberties
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 185-193
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173819
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
P. Thangavel, Dr. A. SenthilKumar, "Secure Communication Based On Authentication Techniques Using NIDS ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.185-193, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173819