Home > Archives > IJSRST173830
FEA Analysis of Brake using Ansys - A Review
Authors(2) :-Vineet Kumar Dwivedi, Arvind Singh
The aim of my research is to find different properties that might help us in future to optimize the working parameters and to increase the performance of the brake system. There is lot of upgrade in the technology of the automobile these days. The applications of the disk brake motivate researches, because disc brakes are used in automobiles, freight vehicles and agricultural machines. The aim of these researches is to realize the optimal function of the given construction, in order to increase the lifetime or the performance. Competition on the speed of vehicles going on in the market. But also this speed leads to accidents if vehicle don't stop on time. Disc brakes in the vehicles give much better performance compare to drum to stop the vehicle also the heat generated during braking force can be easily dissipated as disc brakes are open to atmosphere. But the main problem is with the material used in the disc brakes in some vehicle. If disc loses its shape wobbling can caused near the tire causing a big problem. The main motto of this thesis is to improve the strength of the disc by taking various materials for analysis. The design has been taken from real worldFEA simulation is performed and the material behaviour on displacement, stress, contact pressure, contact status is obtained using software ANSYS 16.0 and finally a good comparison is performed. These are the parameters which are mostly used for comparison - stress distribution, strain distribution, deformation, heat flux, elastic stress, elastic strain, shear stress and strain. The obtained result will be beneficial for further use in this field.
Vineet Kumar Dwivedi, Arvind Singh
ANSYS16.0, FEA, DISC BRAKE, Simulation.
- Pravin Mohan Patel, S. Sudheendra, “Design and Analysis of Titanium Caliper Disc Brake”, Volume 5, Issue 1,? ISSN: 2321-9939, IJEDR, 2017.
- K. Gowthami, K. Balaji, “Designing and Analysis of Brake Drum”, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Volume 4 Issue IX, September 2016.
- Mohammed Nazeer, Supriya Koppula, “ Load Analysis of One and Two Piece Rotor of Disc Brakes Using FEA Package” Journal Of Advanced Research in Engineering & Management (IJAREM), Vol. 01, Issue 07, Pages 105-109, October 2015.
- A. Belhocine, “Finite Element Analysis of Automotive Disc Brake and Pad in Frictional Model Contact”, International Journal of Advanced Design and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 7, No. 4, December - 2014.
- Abhishek Kumar Tiwari, Akhilesh Kumar Tiwari, “Finite Element Analysis of Disc Brake for Aluminium Alloys”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 4, April-2014.
- R. Lakshmanaik, Dr. T. Dharma Raju, “Analysis of disc break by using FEA and ansys”, International journal of advances in applied Science and engineering (IJAEAS), ISSN (p): 2348-1811, vol-1, iss.-3, pages 136-142, June 2014.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 104-107
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173830
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Vineet Kumar Dwivedi, Arvind Singh, "FEA Analysis of Brake using Ansys - A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.104-107, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173830