Home > Archives > IJSRST173838
Design of LabVIEW Based SCADA System for Pneumatics Applications
Authors(2) :-Rathy G. A, Aravind Balaji
SCADA is the acronym for Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition. The term SCADA refers to a central system that monitors and controls a complete site. The Human Machine Interface (HMI) /SCADA industry was essentially born out of a need for a user-friendly front-end to a control system containing controllers like programmable logic controllers (PLC) Propotional Integral Derivative Controllers(PID) etc. The SCADA system usually presents the information to the operating personnel in the form of a mimic. This means that the operator can see a representation of the plant being controlled. Also data can be logged in to the system.
LabVIEW - Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench. LabVIEW is graphical programming for measurement and automation. It is a development tool available for applications in test and measurement. LabVIEW enables easy data acquisition, instrument control, and industrial automation.This paper discusses a novel idea to develop a SCADA system for pneumatic applications using user friendly software like LABVIEW and low cost field serviceable Human Machine Interface that is a Personal Computer.
Rathy G. A, Aravind Balaji
SCADA, LabVIEW, Datalogging and Supervisory Control(DSC) module, myDAC, pneumatic valve and double acting cylinder
- Jeffrey Travis, Jim Kring,(2006) " lab VIEW for Everyone: Graphical Programming Made Easy and Fun", Prentice Hall.
- Pooja Panchal,Alpesh Patel, Jayesh Barve,(2015) "PI control of level control system using PLC and Lab VIEW based SCADA" published at the International Conference on Industrial Instrumentation and Control (ICIC)Year: 2015Pages: 1196 - 1201
- Nishantkumar D. Gajipara, Prashant L. Ahire (2014) "Design of SCADA for Real Time System with LabVIEW and Microcontroller" published in the International Journal of Innovative Research in Advanced Engineering (IJIRAE) ISSN: 2349-2163 Volume 1 Issue 7 (August 2014)
- Somasundaram B et.al (2013) "SCADA Application Development Using LABVIEW" published in the International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT) Volume 3, Issue 2, August 2013. ISSN: 2277-3754
- Slobodan Aleksandrov (2011) "Mechatronic Systems Control Based On Scada System, OPC Server And Labview" FACTA UNIVERSITATIS Series: Automatic Control and Robotics Vol. 10, No 2, 2011, pp. 189 ? 198
- NI myDAQ User guide www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373060f.pdf
- LabVIEW Graphical Programming by Gary W. Johnson and Richard Jennings, Fourth Edition, McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited
- Jovitha Jerome(2013) Virtual Instrumentation Using LabVIEW by, 2nd Edition, PHI Learning Private Limited.
- Hutchinson, J. & Karsnitz, J. (1994). Design and problem solving in technology. Glencoe/Mcgraw Hill: Peoria, Illinois.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 148-154
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173838
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Rathy G. A, Aravind Balaji, "Design of LabVIEW Based SCADA System for Pneumatics Applications ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.148-154, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173838