Home > Archives > IJSRST17384
Ethnobotanical Survey of Medicinal plants along with Godavari Basin region Districts from Nirmal to Mancherial, Telangana, India
Authors(3) :-S. Vinod Kumar, Gadapa Susmitharaj, Nirmala Baburao
The present paper exclusively deals with the study of medicinal plants along with Godavari basin from Nirmal to Mancherial districts of Telangana state India. Folk medicinal plants which are used for treating various ailments and diseases in their day today life. They practices folk medicines to take care of their health and related problems primarily from the plant resources available within and the vicinity of their environment. They are settled agriculturist and have a very rich knowledge on plant based resources utilization for their survival since time immemorial. During the investigation it has recorded 35 species belonging to 27 families and which are widely used as medicines by this ethnic communityís. Therefore, it is suggested that the high diversity of bio-resources needs to be conserved for livelihood sustenance of the future generation.
S. Vinod Kumar, Gadapa Susmitharaj, Nirmala Baburao
Ailments, Diseases, Asteraceae, Euphorbiaceae, Blood Pressure, Headache, Stomache
- Ravishankar T, Ethnobotanical studies in Adilabad and Karimnagar districts of Andhra Pradesh, India, (Ph.D. thesis, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore), 1990.
- Ravishankar T & AN Henry, Ethnobotany of Adilabad district, Andhra Pradesh, India, Ethnobotany, 4 (1992) 45-52.
- Pullaiah T, Prasanna, PV & Obulesu G, Flora of Adilabad district, (C.B.S Publishers, New Delhi) 1992.
- Pullaiah T and Ravi Prasad Rao B. Flora of Nizamabad, Andhra Pradesh India, Bhisensingh Mahendrapalsingh, Dehradun, 1995.
- JAIN S.K., 1991. Dictionary of Indian Folk Medicines andethno botany. Deep Publications, New Delhi.
- Reddy S.D., 2015. Ethno botanical study of body coolants used by tribal’s of Nallamallais in Telangana, India, inter. National Journal of Advance Research,Vol 3, issue 4,411-415.
- Rajashekaran B., Michael warren D., Suresh ChandraBabu., 1994. Farmer participatory approaches to achieve fodder security in south Indian villages. Agriculture and human values, 11 (2-3), 159-167.??
- Pullaiah T., Ali Moulali.,1997. Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, India, Vol -2 ISBN: 81-7233-134-7.??
- Pullaiah T., Surya Prakash Babu., 1997. Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, India, Vol - 4 ISBN: 81-7233-136.
- Nadkarni A.K.,1982. Indian Material Medica Popular Prakashan Bombay, Vol I&II (reprinted).? Pullaiah T., Chennaiah E.,1997. Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, India, Vol -1 ISBN: 81-7233-133-9
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 10-15
Manuscript Number : IJSRST17384
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
S. Vinod Kumar, Gadapa Susmitharaj, Nirmala Baburao, "Ethnobotanical Survey of Medicinal plants along with Godavari Basin region Districts from Nirmal to Mancherial, Telangana, India", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.10-15, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST17384