Home > Archives > IJSRST173845
A Novel Zeta Converter with Pi Controller for Power Factor Correction in Induction Motor
Authors(4) :-S. Arunraj, S. Murugesan, T. Uma Nandhini, K. Keerthana
This study deals with a reduced sensor configuration of a power factor correction (PFC) based zeta converter for induction motor for low power applications. The speed of the Induction motor is controlled by varying the dc-link voltage of the voltage source inverter (VSI) feeding induction motor drive. A low-frequency switching of the VSI is used for achieving the electronic commutation of induction motor for reduced switching losses. The PFC-based zeta converter is designed to operate in discontinuous inductor current mode; thus utilizing a voltage follower approach which requires a single voltage sensor for dc-link voltage control and PFC operation. The proposed drive is designed to operate over a wide range of speed control with improved power quality at ac mains and the results are verified through numeric simulation using MAT Lab Simulink.
S. Arunraj, S. Murugesan, T. Uma Nandhini, K. Keerthana
Zeta converter, Cuk converter, voltage source inverter, power factor correction.
- B. Singh, B. N. Singh, A. Chandra, K. Al-Haddad, A. Pandey, and D. P. Kothari, "A review of single-phase improved power quality ac-dc converters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 962-981, Oct. 2003.
- Peres, D.C. Martins, and I. Barbi "Zeta converter applied in power factor correction," in Proc. IEEE- PESC'94, 1994, pp. 1152-1157.
- D.C. Martins, "Zeta Converter Operating in Continuous Conduction Mode Using the Unity Power Factor Technique", in Proceedings of IEE PEVSD'96, 1996, pp.7-11.
- A. Singh, B.P. Singh and S. Dwivedi, "AC-DC Zeta converter for power quality improvement in direct torque controlled PMSM drive," Journal of Power Electron., vol. 6, no. 2, pp.146-162, Apr.2006.
- T. Kenjo and S. Nagamori, Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motors. Oxford, U.K.: Clarendon, 1985.
- Murugesan.S, R. Senthilkumar. "Design of single phase seven level pv inverter using fpga." International Journal of Emerging Technology in Computer Science & Electronics, 2016, Vol.20, No.2, pp.207-2012.
- S. Murugesan, C. Kalavalli, "FPGA Based Multilevel Inverter With Reduce Number of Switches For Photovoltaic System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 3 Issue 6, pp.628-634, September-October 2017.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 230-234
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173845
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
S. Arunraj, S. Murugesan, T. Uma Nandhini, K. Keerthana, "A Novel Zeta Converter with Pi Controller for Power Factor Correction in Induction Motor", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.230-234, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173845