Home > Archives > IJSRST173847
Standardization of Technology for Preparation of Functional Frozen Misti Dahi
Authors(2) :-Gayatri Saikia, Birendra Kumar Mishra
The present study aims to standardize the technology for the preparation of functional frozen Misti Dahi, which was prepared by milk using skim milk powder in various ratios, viz. 11% SNF (Mix1), 12% SNF (Mix2) and 13% SNF (Mix 3). In each batch, three levels of sugar was added i.e. Mix 1 (10%), Mix 2 (15%) and Mix 3 (18%). After adding of sugar, the each batch was inoculated with starter culture (combination of Lactobacillus helveticus and Streptococcus thermophilus in 1:1 ratio) Mix 1 (1%), Mix 2 (2%) and Mix 3 (3%). Then caramel colour was added @ 0.1% (Mix 1), 0.2% (Mix 2) and 0.3% (Mix3). These batches were allowed to incubate at 300C, 350C and 370C temperature. After that storage studied were carried at 0day, 2day, 4 day, 6 day, 8 day and 10 days storage. These samples are stored at -40C at refrigeration temperature. The functional frozen Misti Dahi samples of different treatments were analyzed for sensory characteristics (flavor, colour, taste, texture, and overall acceptability) and microbial analysis (Lactic Acid Bacteria, yeast and mould & coliform count). The evaluation process replicated four times. Statistically factorial CRD are applied for analysis of the data. The best sensory quality of functional frozen Misti Dahi was obtained from 13% SNF with 18% sugar and 0.3% colour by the use of 3% inoculums with combination of Lactobacillus helveticus and Streptococcus thermophilus culture at 370C incubation temperature till 6th day of storage period, while Mix 2 was also at par in respect of sensory qualities of functional frozen Misti Dahi. There was no growth of yeast and mould and coliform during storage periods.
Gayatri Saikia, Birendra Kumar Mishra
Functional frozen Misti Dahi, Sensory Quality, Microbial Quality, Storage period.
- S. Agarwal and R. Prasad. 2013. International Journal of Agriculture and Food Science Technology. 4(8):797-806
- M. A. Amerine, R. M. Pangborn and E. B. Roessler. 1965. Principles of Sensory Evaluation of Food. Food Science and Technology Monographes, pp.338-339
- A. Ayar and E. Gurlin. 2014. Life Science Journal. 11(4):58-65?
- R. H. Davidson, S. E. Duncan, C. R. Hackney, W. N. Eigel, and J. W. Boling. 2000. Journal of Dairy Science. 83(4):666-673
- F. V. Kosikowski. 1981. Journal of Food Protection. 44(11):853-856
- M. C. Lopez, L. M. Medina and R. Jordano. 1998. Journal of Food Science. 63(4):706-708
- H. Mahrous and R. Abd-EI-Salem. 2014. American journal of Food and Nutrition. 2(5):77-84
- K. V. Singh, S. P. Singh, A. S. Chauhan and S. Singh. 2015. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 8(34):1-5
- I. Paul, K. A. Athmaselvi and P. Geetha. 2016. Biosciences Biotechnology Research Asia. 13(2):1215-1222
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 219-224
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173847
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Gayatri Saikia, Birendra Kumar Mishra, "Standardization of Technology for Preparation of Functional Frozen Misti Dahi
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.219-224 , November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173847