Home > Archives > IJSRST17385
A Study on Traditional Medicinal Plants of Riuvi Village, Mudhol Mandal, Nirmal District, Telangana, India
Authors(3) :-S. Vinod kumar, Gadapa Susmitharaj, Nirmala Baburao
To record the medicinal plants of Riuvi Village,Mudhol mandal, Nirmal district, Telangana, India for the first time and the usage of these medicinal plants to remediate the diseases among the peoples.Explorative field trips were made to the village for about twelve months from April 2016 to May 2017 to survey the medicinal plants and collect the information from the villagers. From this study 23 species of valuable medicinal plants belonging to 19 families were recorded and their ethno medicinal values were collected from the village peoples.This study focuses the importance, utilization and conservation of the medicinal plants among the people.
S. Vinod kumar, Gadapa Susmitharaj, Nirmala Baburao
Medicinal Plants, Ethnobotany, Riuvi, Nirmal And Adilabad.
- Ravishankar T & AN Henry, Ethnobotany of Adilabad district, Andhra Pradesh, India, Ethnobotany, 4 (1992) 45-52.
- Pullaiah T, Prasanna, PV &Obulesu G, Flora of Adilabad district, (C.B.S Publishers, New Delhi) 1992.
- Pullaiah T and Ravi Prasad Rao B. Flora of Nizamabad, Andhra Pradesh India, BhisensinghMahendrapalsingh, Dehradun, 1995.
- JAIN S.K., 1991. Dictionary of Indian Folk Medicines andethno botany. Deep Publications, New Delhi.
- Reddy S.D., 2015. Ethno botanical study of body coolants used by tribal’s of Nallamallais in Telangana, India, inter. National Journal of Advance Research,Vol 3, issue 4,411-415.
- Rajashekaran B., Michael warren D., Suresh ChandraBabu., 1994. Farmer participatory approaches to achieve fodder security in south Indian villages. Agriculture and human values, 11 (2-3), 159-167.??
- Pullaiah T., Ali Moulali., 1997. Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, India, Vol -2 ISBN: 81-7233-134-7.??
- Pullaiah T., Surya Prakash Babu., 1997. Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, India, Vol - 4 ISBN: 81-7233-136.
- Nadkarni A.K., 1982. Indian Material Medica Popular Prakashan Bombay, Vol I&II (reprinted).? Pullaiah T., Chennaiah E., 1997. Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, India, Vol -1 ISBN: 81-7233-133-9
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 27-30
Manuscript Number : IJSRST17385
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
S. Vinod kumar, Gadapa Susmitharaj, Nirmala Baburao, "A Study on Traditional Medicinal Plants of Riuvi Village, Mudhol Mandal, Nirmal District, Telangana, India", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.27-30, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST17385