Home > Archives > IJSRST173851
Hybrid front end interface DC-DC converter with ANFIS based control of EMS system
Authors(4) :-T. Vishnu Kumar, V. Suresh Kumar, T. Sumeet, M. Srimaha
In this paper, the voltage regulation problem associated with mode switching in low voltage hybrid system has been addressed .This paper presents a hybrid zero voltage-switching (ZVS) isolated front end interface dc–dc converter which combines a boost half bridge (BHB) cell and a full-bridge (FB) cell, so that two different type of power sources, i.e., both current fed and voltage fed, can be combined togetherly by the proposed soft switched converter for various applications, such as pv cell and wind energy. By using two high-frequency transformers and a combined leg of switches, number of switches and gate driver circuits can be minimized. By phase-shift control, the converter can achieve ZVS turn-on of active switches and zero-current switching (ZCS) turn-off of diodes. In this paper, derivation, analysis, and design of the proposed converter are presented. Intelligent Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System (ANFIS) based supervisory EMS(Energy Management System) controls the charge/ discharge of the energy storage system (ESS) when there is voltage changes to cooperate with ANFISPID in point of common coupling( PCC) voltage regulation. Finally, a 5–10V input, 600–700Voutput prototype with a 600W nominal power rating is built up and tested to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed converter topology.
T. Vishnu Kumar, V. Suresh Kumar, T. Sumeet, M. Srimaha
Zero voltage switching, Zero current switching, Energy Management system, Adaptive Neuro fuzzy interference System.
- T. Vishnu kumar, V. Suresh Kumar, A new approach to front end interface DC-DC converter” International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Modern Education (IJMRME) ISSN(online): 2454-6119 Volume I, Issue II, 2015
- V.Suresh kumar, T. Vishnu kumar, A certain investigation for the battery charging system” International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Modern Education (IJMRME) ISSN(online): 2454-6119 Vol.1 Issue.1 2015
- S.Enimai, S.Jayanthi, T.Vishnu kumar Isolated Power System Design Using Modified P&O Technique” Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 24 (S2): 150-156, 2016, ISSN 1990-9233
- W. Liu, J. Chen, T. Liang, R. Lin, and C. Liu, Analysis, design, and control of bidirectional cascoded configuration for a fuel cell hybrid power system,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1565-1575, Jun. 2010.
- H. Tao, A. Kotsopoulos, J. L. Duarte, and M. A. M. Hendrix, Transformer-coupled multiport ZVS bidirectional DC-DC converter with wide input range,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 771-781, Mar. 2008
- H. Krishnaswami and N. Mohan, Three-port series-resonant DC-DC converter to interface renewable energy sources with bidirectional load and energy storage ports,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 2289-2297, Oct. 2009.
- Z. Zhang, Z. Ouyang, O. C. Thomsen, and M. A. E. Andersen, Analysis and design of a bidirectional isolated dc-dc converter for fuel cells and super-capacitors hybrid system,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 848-859, Feb. 2012.
- Z. Zhang, O. C. Thomsen, M. A. E. Andersen, and H. R. Nielsen, Dual- input isolated full-bridge boost DC-DC converter based on the distributed transformers,” IET Power Electron., vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 1074-1083, Aug. 2012.
- C. Yoon, J. Kim, and S. Choi, Multiphase DC-DC converters us- ing a boost-half-bridge cell for high-voltage and high-power applica- tions,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 381-388, Feb. 2011.
- S. Jiang, D. Cao, Y. Li, and F. Z. Peng, Gird-connected boost-half-bridge photoltaic microinverter system using repetitive current control and maxi- mum power point tracking,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 4711-4722, Nov. 2012.
- F. Krismer and J. Kolar, Efficiency-optimized high current dual active bridge converter for automotive applications,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 2745-2760, Jul. 2012.
- Z. Zhang, O. C. Thomsen, and M. A. E. Andersen, Optimal design of a push-pull-forward half-bridge (PPFHB) bidirectional dc-dc converter with variable input voltage,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 2761-2771, Jul. 2012.
- Zhang, B., et al. An optimal and distributed method for voltage regulation in power distribution systems. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems 30.4 (2015): 1714-1726.
- Masters, C. L. Voltage rise: the big issue when connecting embedded generation to long 11 kV overhead lines. Power Engineering Journal 16.1 (2002): 5-12.
- Quezada, V. M., Abbad, J. R., & Roman, T. G. S. Assessment of energy distribution losses for increasing penetration of distributed generation.” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 21.2 (2006), 533.
- Lopes, J. A., et al. Integrating distributed generation into electric power systems: A review of drivers, challenges and opportunities. Electric Power Systems Research 77.9 (2007): 1189-1203.
- Chiradeja, P., and Ramakumar. R. An approach to quantify the technical benefits of distributed generation. IEEE Transactions on energy conversion 19.4 (2004): 764-773.
- Mahmud, N., and Zahedi, A., Review of control strategies for voltage regulation of the smart distribution network with high penetration of renewable distributed generation. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 64 (2016): 582-595.
- Zahedi, A. A review of drivers, benefits, and challenges in integrating renewable energy sources into electricity grid. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 15.9 (2011): 4775-4779.
- Carvalho, P. M., Correia, P. F., & Ferreira, L. A. Distributed reactive power generation control for voltage rise mitigation in distribution networks”. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems 23.2 (2008): 766-772.
- Chen, Z., and Kong, W. Protection Coordination Based on a Multi-agent for Distribution Power System with Distribution Generation Units. International Workshop on Next Generation Regional Energy System Development. (2007).
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 249-257
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173851
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
T. Vishnu Kumar, V. Suresh Kumar, T. Sumeet, M. Srimaha, "Hybrid front end interface DC-DC converter with ANFIS based control of EMS system
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.249-257, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173851