Home > Archives > IJSRST173862
Relative Analysis of Paraffin Wax in Different Geometry using FEA Simulation
Authors(2) :-Saurav Kumar, Dr. V. N. Bartaria
In the study of heat transfer, fins are surfaces that extend from an object to increase the rate of heat transfer to or from the environment by increasing convection. The amount of conduction, convection, or radiation of an object determines the amount of heat it transfers. Increasing the temperature gradient between the object and the environment, increasing the convection heat transfer coefficient, or increasing the surface area of the object increases the heat transfer. Sometimes it is not feasible or economical to change the first two options. Thus, adding a fin to an object, increases the surface area and can sometimes be an economical solution to heat transfer problems.
Industrial experience has shown that for same surface area, the fin array can transfer considerably more energy than single fin. Analysis of single fin is well known. However, when fins are placed in an arrangement, the convective patterns become consistent and the resulting heat transfer coefficient has not been predicted. This paper gives a brief review on the thermal behaviour of different fin profiles. And various conclusions made by different authors are discussed. This study will be helpful for those who work in the field of fin.
Saurav Kumar, Dr. V. N. Bartaria
IC Engine, Fins, Engine Performance, Simulation, fin effectiveness.
- Prof. Arvin S. Sorathiya, Ashishkumar N. Parmar, Prof. (Dr.) Pravin P. Rathod, "Review Paper on Effect of Cylinder Block Fin Geometry on Heat Transfer Rate of Air-Cooled 4S SI Engine", International Journal of Recent Development in Engineering and Technology, Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2014.
- Ashish Dixit, "Review on Heat Transfer Enhancement Through Fins Using Surface Modifications", International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Volume 3 Issue III, ISSN: 2321-9653, March 2015.
- Yatendra Singh Tomar, M. M. Sahu, "Review of Performance Analysis of Extended Surfaces (Fins) Under Free and Forced Convection Heat Transfer", Vol 2 Issue 13, ISSN 2278 ? 0211, December, 2013.
- Vikash Kumar , Dr. S K Jain , Dr. Sukul Lomash, "A Review Paper on Improving the Efficiency of IC Engine Fins by Varying its Material and Shape", ISSN 2347-6435, Volume 5, Issue 6, June 2016.
- Mahdi Fahiminia, Mohammad Mahdi Naserian , "Experimental investigation of natural convection heat transfer of the fin arrangement on a computer heat sink", Vol. 7(36), pp. 3162-3171, 13 September, 2012.
- Abbas jassem jubear, Ali a. F. Al hamadani, "the effect of fin height on free convection heat transfer from rectangular fin array", International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, Vol. 6, Issue, 7, pp.5318-5323, July, 2015.
- Prof. S. A. Wani, Prof. P. S. Pol, "Experimental investigation of natural Convection heat transfer from a Blackened v-fin array", International conference on science, engineering and management,? ISBN - 9788938617116, Page 78-84,
- Yudhishter Saini, Vipin and N.K. Singh, "Free Convection Heat Transfer Augmentation through a Vertical Fin Array: A Review", Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME), ISSN: 2393-9109, Volume 2, Number 11, page 43-46, April-June, 2015.
- Mehran Ahmadi, Mohammad Fakoor-Pakdaman, and Majid Bahrami, "Natural Convection from Vertical Parallel Plates: An Integral Method Solution", Journal of thermo physics and heat transfer, Vol. 29, no.1, January 2015.
- Hazim S. Hamad, Dr. Yasin K. Salman, "Laminar Natural Convection Heat Transfer Between Ducted Parallel Plates", Journal of Engineering, Number 3 Volume 14 September 2008.?
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 258-263
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173862
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Saurav Kumar, Dr. V. N. Bartaria, "Relative Analysis of Paraffin Wax in Different Geometry using FEA Simulation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.258-263, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173862