Home > Archives > IJSRST173879
Customary Methods for CPU Scheduling : A Review
Authors(3) :-Badal Dave, Surendra Yadav, Manish Mathuria
Among variety of process the scheduling is one of the most important decisions making practice of an operating system for sharing machine resources in between the several of executable process which persist in memory. Typically, scheduling is a decision making task of an operating system to decide which process will get system resources to complete process in an optimum way. For scheduling a number of approaches have introduced by number of investigators and a lot of works are in progress with optimizing the issues of existing algorithms. This paper deals with the exploration of different accessible scheduling procedures to recognize high efficient algorithm which suits the scheduling goals, minimize average turnaround and waiting time in order to allow as many as possible running processes at all time in order to make best use of CPU.
Badal Dave, Surendra Yadav, Manish Mathuria
CPU, Scheduling, Operating System, Scheduling Algorithms
- V. SureshBabu, and D.Prabakar “Circular Wait Scheduling Scheme for Wireless Sensor Network” International Journal of Emerging Technology in Computer Science & Electronics (IJETCSE) ISSN: 0976-1353 Volume 7 Issue 1 ?March 2014.
- Haluk T, Salim H, MinYou Wu, “Performance Effective and Low-Complexity Task Scheduling for Heterogeneous Computing”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 13, 2002.
- M. I. Daoud, N. Kharma, "A High Performance Algorithm for Static Task Scheduling in Heterogeneous Distributed Computing Systems", Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, pp. 399-409, 2007.
- Kamolov Nizomiddin Baxodirjonovich, Tae-Young Choe “Dynamic Task Scheduling Algorithm based on Ant Colony Scheme” International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), Vol 7 No 4 Aug-Sep 2015.
- Reena Sharma, Antima Saxena “Processes Scheduling & Accessible Scheduling Algorithms: A Review” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 03 Issue: 09 | Sep-2016
- Doaa M. Abdelkader, Fatma Omara “Dynamic task scheduling algorithm with load balancing for heterogeneous computing system”, Egyptian Informatics Journal, Production and hosting by Elsevier (2012) 13, 135?145
- Saleem, U., and Muhammad Younus Javed. Simulation of CPU scheduling algorithms. In TENCON. Proceedings, vol. 2, pp. 562-567. IEEE, 2000.
- Jyotirmay Patel, A.K.Solanki. CPU Scheduling: A Comparative Study. .Proceedings of the 5th National Conference, INDIACom, Computing For Nation Development, March 10-11, 2011 Bharti Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management, New Delhi.
- Masoud Nosrati, Ronak Karimi, Mehdi Hariri “Task Scheduling Algorithms Introduction” World Applied Programming, Vol (2), Issue (6), pp. 394?398, June 2012.
- Abbas Noon1, Ali Kalakech2, Seifedine Kadry “A New Round Robin Based Scheduling Algorithm for Operating Systems: Dynamic Quantum Using the Mean Average“ May 2011, IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 8, Issue 3, No. 1. ISSN (Online): 1694-0814(pp)
- Weifeng Sun, Yudan Zhu; Zhiyuan Su, Dong Jiao, Mingchu Li, “A Priority-Based Task Scheduling Algorithm in Grid” Parallel Architectures, Algorithms and Programming (PAAP), 2010 Third International Symposium on , vol., no., pp.311,315,18-20 , doi: 10.1109/PAAP.2010.24.
- G. Siva Nageswara Rao, N. Srinivasu, S.V.N. Srinivasu, G. Rama Koteswara Rao, “Dynamic Time Slice Calculation for Round Robin ProcessScheduling Using NOC”, International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE) Vol. 5, No. 6, December 2015, pp. 1480~1485 ISSN: 2088-8708.
- Becchetti, L., Leonardi, S. and Marchetti S.A., “Average-Case and Smoothed Competitive Analysis of the Multilevel Feedback Algorithm” 2006, Mathematics of Operation Research Vol. 31, No. pp. 85?108.(pp)
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 344-348
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173879
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Badal Dave, Surendra Yadav, Manish Mathuria, "Customary Methods for CPU Scheduling : A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.344-348, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173879