Home > Archives > IJSRST173894
Extraction & Application of Papain Enzyme on Degradation of Drug
Extraction of papain enzyme from ripe papaya gives around 80-90% activity. Lumps Formations and Absorptiometry methods were studied to know the action of papain enzyme. The enzyme was extracted and shows degradation capability on Levetiracetam and Granisetron HCl drug compounds which has harmful effects on cellular systems. The efficacies of the enzymatic activities were checked when drugs were analyzed by TLC, spectrophotometer before and after the treated with papain enzyme.
Back Solvent Extraction, Papain, Degradation.
- Papaya, Fruit of Angels. Exotic Fruit for Health, Retrieved, 20 December 2011.
- Kamphuis I. G., Kalk K. H., Swarte M. B., Drenth J. Structure of papain refined at 1.65 A?% resolution. J Mol Biol. 179(2):233-56 (1984).
- Pavel Ortinskia, Kimford J. Meadorb , Epilepsy & Behavior Volume 5, Supplement 1, 60-65, 2004.
- Gambardella A., Labate A., Colosimo E., Ambrosio R., Quattrone A. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 4 (1): 33-8. 2008.
- Clinical Epilepsy: Pediatrics. Epilepsia 46 (s8): 142-67. 2005.
- D. Weintrauba, R. Buchsbaumb, S. R. Resor Jr.a, L. J. Hirscha, Epilepsy & Behavior Volume 10, 105-110, 2007.
- Hideomi Watanabe, Akira Hasegawa, Tetsuya Shinozaki, Satoru Arita and Masaki Chigira, Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology Volume 35, 278-282, 1995.
- Nelson E. B., Shah V. N., Welge J. A., Keck PE Jr, The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 62(6):469-473, 2001.
- M. de Boer-Dennert, R. de Wit, P. I. Schmitz, J. Djontono, V. V. Beurden, G. Stoter, and J. Verweij Br J Cancer.; 76(8): 1055-1061, 1997.
- Daliya S. Mathew, Ruey-Shin Juang, Improved back extraction of papain from AOT reverse micelles using alcohols and a counter-ionic surfactant, Volume 25, Issue 3, 219-225, 2005.
- Krishnaiah D., Awang B., Rosalam S. and Buhr Contained in: Proceedings of the Regional Symposium on Environment and Natural Resources (1), 244-250 2002.
- Harrison, M. J., N. A. Burton, and I. H. Hillier. Catalytic Mechanism of the Enzyme Papain: Predictions with a Hybrid Quantum Mechanical/ Molecular Mechanical Potential. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 119: 12285-12291, 1997.
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 1 | March-April 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-03-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 73-75
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173894
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
D.N.Joshi , "Extraction & Application of Papain Enzyme on Degradation of Drug", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 1, pp.73-75, March-April-2015
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173894