Home > Archives > IJSRST173902
Y3+ Doped Ni0.4 Mg0.4 Cd0.2 Fe2-yO4 Spinels Nanoferrite : Structural, Morphological, and Electrical Properties
Authors(1) :-R. B. Bhise
Structural, morphological, and electrical properties were investigated for Y3+ doped Ni0.4 Mg0.4 Cd0.2 Fe2-y O4 spinel nanoferrite (where y = 0.025 to 0.125) obtained by sol-gel techniques. Nanoscale samples were carried out at low temperature and cost effective method with analytical grade metal nitrate. Citric acid was used as a fuel. The prepared powder were sintered at 400 oC and characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD), energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDAX) for structural property andscanning electron microscopy (SEM), transmission electron microscopy (TEM) for morphological studies. Ferrite formation was found to quite sensitive. The particle size was determined using Scherer’s formula and it found that it decreases with increase in Y3+content. Also DC resistivity increases with increasing Y3+content and electrical conductivity increases with temperature increases. These results may be applicable for promising area such as high frequency electrical devices.
Spinel Ferrite, Sol-Gel Autocombustion Method, Morphological Properties, Electrical Properties
- Shobana, M.K., Kwon, H. and Choe, H. (2012) Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic materials, 324, 2245-2248.
- ErumPervaiz and Gul, I.H. (2013) Influence of Rare Earth (Gd3+) on Structural, Gigahertz Dielectric and Magnetic Studies of Cobalt ferrite,Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 439, 012015.
- Bhise, R.B. and Rathod, S.M. (2016) Synthesis of Nanosized Y3+ Doped Ni-Mg-Cd Ferrite Powders and their Structural, Magnetic properties by Sol-gel Auto Combustion Method, Res. J. Material Sci., 4(5), 1-4.
- Mozaffari, M., Amighian, J. and Darsheshdar, E., (2014)Magnetic and structural studies of nickel-substituted cobalt ferrite nanoparticles, synthesized by the sol-gel method,Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 350, 19?22.
- Sattar, A.A., El-sayed, H.M., El-shokrofy, K.M. and El-tabey, (2005) Improvement of the Magnetic Properties of Mn-Ni-Zn Ferrite by the Non-magnetic Al3+-Ion Substitution,Journal of Applied Sciences, 5, 2005, 162-168.
- Vijaya Kumar,K., Paramesh,D. and Venkat Reddy, P. (2015) Effect of Aluminium Doping on Structural and Magnetic Properties of Ni-Zn Ferrite Nanoparticles, World Journal of Nano Science and Engineering, 5(3),68-77.
- Shirsath, S.E., Jadhav, S.S., Toksha, B.G., Patange, S.M., and Jadhav, K.M. (2011)Remarkable influence of Ce4+ ions on the electronic conduction of Ni1-2xCexFe2O4,ScriptaMaterialia,64, 773-776.
- Modi, K.B., Rangolia, M.K., Chhantbar, M.C., and Joshi, H.H. (2006) Study of infrared spectroscopy and elastic properties of fine and coarse grained nickel?cadmium ferrites, Journal of Materials Science,41, 7308-7318.
- Rahimi, M., Eshraghi, M. and Kameli, P. (2014) Structural and magnetic characterizations of Cd substituted nickel ferrite nanoparticle, Ceramics International, 40(10), 15569?15575.
- Shobana, M.K., Nam, W. and Choe,H. (2013) Yttrium-doped cobalt nanoferrites prepared by sol-gel combustion method and its characterization,Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,13(5), 3535-3538.
- Jain, S.R., Adiga, K.C. and Verneker, V.P. (1981)A new approach to thermo chemical calculations of condensed fuel, Combustion and Flame, 40, 71-79.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 05-10
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173902
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
R. B. Bhise, "Y3+ Doped Ni0.4 Mg0.4 Cd0.2 Fe2-yO4 Spinels Nanoferrite : Structural, Morphological, and Electrical Properties", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.05-10, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173902