Home > Archives > IJSRST173904
Synthesis and characterization of Zinc Maleate Dihydrate and its thermal decomposition by the study of direct Current Electrical Conductivity
Authors(4) :-M. D. Sangale, D. N. Gaikwad, D. V. Sonavane, S. S. Gaikwad
The possibility of using direct current electric conductivity measurement to study the solid state reactions involved in the preparation zinc oxide from zinc (II) maleate hydrated have been analyzed respectively. The study has been carried out in normal atmosphere. The steps corresponding to dehydration are well resolved in region from room temperature to 260 oC. The final product of decomposition in normal atmosphere was found to be ZnO from zinc maleate. The conductivity measurement was supplemented with the data obtained by chemical analysis; thermal analysis (TGA and DTG) and IR spectroscopy analysis.
M. D. Sangale, D. N. Gaikwad, D. V. Sonavane, S. S. Gaikwad
Thermal decomposition; Electric conductivity; Solid State; Maleate
- Allan J.R. ,Baillie G.M.,Bonner J.G.,D.L. Gerrard D.L. and Hoey S.,Thermal studies on maleic acid compounds of manganese(II),cobalt(II),nickel(II),copper(IIand zinc(II,Thermochim Acta,143,pp 283-288. (1989).
- Vecher A.A., Dalidovich S.V. Gusev E.A. ,Decomposition of copper(II),nickel(IIand cobalt(IIformates in self-generated atmospheres, Thermochimica Acta,Volume 89, pp383-386,(1985).
- B. S. Randhawa and Gandotra K.,2006,A Comparative study on the thermal decomposition of some transition metal carboxylates,J Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry,Vol 85,No 2,pp 417?424,(2006).
- Rajagopal B.,Sarma A.V. and Ramana M.V.,Dielectric and Thermal Studies of Copper Doped Magnesium Hydrogen Maleate Hexahydrate Single Crystals,Journal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering,Vol. 10,No.15,pp.1487-1492,(2011).
- Gupta M.P.,Van Alsenoy C. and Lenstra A.T.H.,Magnesium bis (hydrogen maleatehexahydrate,Acta Crystallogr,C40,pp 1521-1526. (1984).
- Vanhouteghem F.,Lenstra A.T.H and Schweiss P.,Magnesium bis (hydrogen maleatehexahydrate studied by elastic neutron diffraction and ab initio calculations,Acta Crystallogr,B43,pp 523-528 (1987).
- Athare A. E.,Nikumbh A. K.,and Kolhe N. H. ,Direct Current Electrical Conductivity Study of the Thermal Decomposition of Copper (IIMonohydrate and Zinc (IIOxalate Dihydrate,Research Journal of Pharmaceutical,Biological and Chemical Sciences, Volume 4 ,Issue 2,Pp. 111,(2013).
- Nikumbh A.K.,Athare A.E.,Pardeshi S.K.,Thermal and electrical properties of manganese (IIoxalate dihydrate and cadmium (IIoxalate monohydrate, Thermochimica Acta,Volume 326,Issues 1?2, Pp 187-192,(1999).
- Nikumbh A.K.,Athare A.E. and Raut V.B.,A study of thermal decomposition of Co (IIand Ni (IIoxalate dehydrate using direct current conductivity measurement,Thermochim Acta,186:217 (1991).
- Sangale M.D.,Gaikwad D.N. Deshmukh A.K. Gaikwad S.S.,Asian Journal of Chemical & Environmental Research,Preparation & Characterization of ZnO Dopped Fe3O4 Nanocomposite material & Its Heterogeneous photocatalytic activity for degradation of Phenol,Volume 9,1-4,pp 1-15,(2016).
- Rane K.S.,Nikumbh A.K. and Mukhedkar A.J.,Thermal decomposition of ferrous oxalate dihydrate studied by direct current electrical conductivity measurements,J Mater Sci,16919810:2397,(1981).
- K. Natamoto,Infrared spectra of Inorganic and coordination compounds,widely interscience New York,2nd edition 244 (1970).
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 13-16
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173904
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
M. D. Sangale, D. N. Gaikwad, D. V. Sonavane, S. S. Gaikwad, "Synthesis and characterization of Zinc Maleate Dihydrate and its thermal decomposition by the study of direct Current Electrical Conductivity", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.13-16, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173904