Home > Archives > IJSRST173909
Antimicrobial Activity and Phytochemical Analysis of Carica Papaya Leaves, Root Extracts
Authors(2) :-Pramila Kori, Meenakshi Nagar
The leaves and roots of Caricapapaya were screened for its antimicrobial and phytochemical activities. The solvents used for the leaves and root extraction were benzene, acetone, aqueous. The extract was tested against infectious disease causing bacterial such asEscherichia coli, Pseudomonas aerginosa, staphylococcus aureus using the well diffusion method. The benzene, acetone extract of leaves of Carica papaya inhibition against all the test microbe ranging from 11mm to 13mm diameter inhibitory zone. The acetone and aqueous extract of root of Carica papaya inhibition against all the test microbe ranging from varying zone of inhibition of the growth of tested organism than benzene, acetone, aqueous, phytochemical properties of leaves and roots of Carica papaya obtain from, benzene, acetone, aqueous extract were investigated. The result confirmed that the presence of antibacterial activity and phytochemical in the shade dried extract of Carica papayaagainst the human pathogenic organisms.
Pramila Kori, Meenakshi Nagar
Carica Papaya Extract, Phytochemicals, Antimicrobial Activity.
- L.C. Tapsell, I. Hemphill, L. Cobiac, C.S. Patch, D.R. Sullivan, M. Fenech, S. Roodenrys, J.B. Keogh, P.M. Clifton, P.G. Williams, V.A. Fazio, K.E. Inge, (2006),? "Health benefits of herbs and spices: the past, the present, the future". Med. J. Aust.185 (4 Suppl): S4-24.
- P.K. Lai, J. Roy, (2004), Antimicrobial and chemopreventive properties of herbs and spices". J. Curr. Med. Chem. 11 (11), 1451-60.
- Anonymous, Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia of India, part 1, Government of India, ministry of Health and family Welfare, Department of Ayurveda, Yoga Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy (AYUSH), New Delhi. 4
- R.D. Chaudhari, (1996), Herbal drug industry.? Eastern publishers New Delhi, 45-78.
- Aravind, Debjit ‘Traditional and Medicinal Uses of Carica papaya ‘Journal of ‘Medicinal Plants Studies’2013,1(1),? 2320-3862.
- G E Trease, and W C Evans, 1989, A textbook of Pharmacognosy, Bacillieretinal Ltd, London, 13 edition.?
- Satish, S, D C Moohana, M.P. Ranhavendra and K ARaveeesha, Antibacterial activity of some pathogenic of Aspergillus sp. J. of Agriculture Technology, 2007, 3: 109-119. ?.Database Systems Journal, IV(1), 37-45.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 41-45
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173909
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Pramila Kori, Meenakshi Nagar, "Antimicrobial Activity and Phytochemical Analysis of Carica Papaya Leaves, Root Extracts", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.41-45, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173909