Home > Archives > IJSRST173911
Persistence of Organic Pollutants in Ground Water Around Kurkumbh Industrial Area (Daund) from Pune District, (MS) INDIA
Authors(4) :-D. V. Sonawane, V. B. Gaikwad, M. D. Sangale, S. R. Kuchekar
The global distribution of persistence of organic pollutants (POPs) has become one of the main environmental problems in the last decade. The environmental exposure to persistent of organic pollutants (POPs) become emerging risk factor for contribution of the knowledge of atmospheric transport and persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in remote area. Such persistent of organic pollutants (POPs) which includes chlorinated pesticides were determined in water sample collected around Kurkumbh industrial area during Pre-monsoon and post monsoon 2014. Concentration of total presticides ranges from 0.02 to 0.07 ng/L and 6.39 to 149.4 ng/L. The rate of percolation of pesticides and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) were high at site second as compare to site first from study area because of high slope of area. The organic pesticides like Hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH) as a-HCH, b-HCH, y-HCH, Heptachlor, Dieldrin, Aldrin Total pesticides (TP), Total cyclodiene (TC), Heptachloroepoxide (HCP) Dichloridiphenyl Trichloro ethane (DDT) and organic pollutants like Naphthalene, Phenathane, Pyrene, Toulene were studied. The concentration of organic pesticides and (PAHs) were bellow the detection limit in the study area.
D. V. Sonawane, V. B. Gaikwad, M. D. Sangale, S. R. Kuchekar
Chlorinated pesticides, (PAHs) and organic pollutant water around Kurkumbh industrial area.
- Roland Kallenborn., Persistent organic pollutants (POPs) as environmental risk factors in remote high-altitude ecosystems, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety.,?? 63,? 100 (2006).
- Ebtekar M., Effects of Persistent Organic Pollutants on the Immune System, Iranian J. Env Health Sci Eng., 1(2), 1 (2004).
- Jolly Jacob., A Review of the Accumulation and Distribution of Persistent Organic Pollutants in the Environment,? International Journal of Bioscience, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics., 3(6), 657 (2013).
- Rudolf S.S. Wu., Alice K.Y. Chan., Bruce J. Richardson., Doris W.T. Au., James K.H. Fang., Paul K.S. Lam., John P. Giesy., Measuring and monitoring persistent organic pollutants in the context of risk assessment, Marine Pollution Bulletin., 57, 236? (2008).
- Peter G.H. Evans., Chemical Pollution and marine Mammals, Ecs Special Publication Series., 55, 149? (2011).
- Jennie? R .? Christensen, Misty Macduffee , Robie? W.? Macdonald, Michael Whiticar, and Peer S. Ross., Persistent Organic Pollutants in British Columbia Grizzly Bears: Consequence of Divergent Diets., Environ. Sci. Technol,. 39, 6952 (2005).
- Lindsay T. Bonito, Amro Hamdoun and Stuart A., SandinSandi Evaluation of the global impacts of mitigation on persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic pollutants in marine fish PeerJ, DOI 10.7717, 1573 (2016).
- Tarek Othman Said And Mohamed Abdel Fattah Hamed., Determination Of Persistent Organic Pollutants In Water Of New Damietta Harbour, Egypt., Egyptian Journal Of Aquatic Research., 32 (1),? 235 (2006).
- Lars Neumeister, Pestizid Aktions-Netzwerk e.V., Evaluation of the UNEP Chemical Substitutes of the POPs Pesticides Regarding Their Humanand Environmental Toxicity., Hamburg, /April (2001).
- Henrik Selin And Noelle Eckley., Science, Politics, and Persistent Organic Pollutants The Role of Scientific Assessments in International Environmental Co-operation., International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics., (3), 17 (2003).
- Lammel G., Dobrovolny? p., Dvorska A Chrom? K. Brazdil R Holoubek I and Hosek J., Monitoring of persistent organic pollutants in Africa. Part 2: Design of a network to monitor the continental and intercontinental background, Journal of Environmental Monitoring., 11, 1964 (2011).
- Paul E. Hagen and Michael P. Walls., The Stockholm Convention On Persistent Organic Pollutants., Natural Resources & Environment ? American Bar Association., 19 (4),? 49 (2005).
- Ministry of the EnvironmentThe Environmental Protection Department.,? Requirements for the management of waste containing persistent organic pollutant., Environmental Administration Guidelines 4e., (2016).
- Alan J. Jamieson Tamas Malkocs , Stuart B. Piertney , Toyonobu Fujii? and Zulin Zhang ., Bioaccumulation of persistent organic pollutants in the deepest ocean fauna.,? Nature Ecology & Evolution 1(51), 1 (2017).
- Roots O., Sweetman A.,?? Passive Air Sampling Of Persistent Organic Pollutants In Two Estonian Air Monitoring Stations., Oil Shale,? 24(3), 483 (2007).
- Louis H.M.? Manassa H.?? Barminas J.T. Bisong E.A. Fidelis T.T. Philip M.,? Screening of Persistent Organic Pollutant from Various Surface Water in Yola-North Local Government Area of Adamawa State.,? International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, 5(11), 514 (2015).
- Sonawane D. V., Lawande S. P., Gaikwad V. B. and Kuchekar S. R.,?? Impact of?? Industrial Waste Water on Soil Quality and Organic Matter Around Kurkumbh? Industrial Area, Daund, Pune District, (MS).", Int. J. Chem. Sci., 8 (1), 97 (2010).
- Sonawane D. V., Sangale M. D., Gaikwad D. N. and Kuchekar S. R., Determination of water quality index in industrial area of walunj MIDC Aurangabad Maharashtra, India, International journal of advanced scientific and technical research, 4 (3),? 869 (2014).
- Sonawane D. V., Sangale M. D., Gaikwad D. N. and Kuchekar S. R., Studies on the status of available micronutrients for plant growth in different soil series of bhima river lower basin at siddhatek in ahmednagar district (Maharashtra), Int. j. Chem. Sci.,12(3), 1081 (2014).
- Sonawane D. V., Sangale M. D., Gaikwad D. N., "Assesment of Water Quality Index for Ground Water from Shrigonda Taluka, Ahmednagar District, (MS), India, Recent Trends in Chemical and Environmental Science,? 248 (2016).
- Sonawane D. V., Lawande S. P., Gaikwad V. B. and Kuchekar S. R., "Studies on Ground Water Quality Around Kurkumbh Industrial Area, Daund, Pune? District, (MS)", Rasayan J. Chem., 2 (2) 421 (2009).
- A. Hollander, M. Scheringer, V. Shatalov, E. Mantseva,A. Sweetman, M. Roemer, N. Suzuki, F. Wegmann,D. van de Meent and A. BaartEstimating overall persistence and long-range transport potential of persistent organic pollutants: a comparison of seven multimedia mass balance models and atmospheric transport model., J. Environ. Monit., xx,? 699 (2008).
- Sonawane D. V., Lawande S. P., Gaikwad V. B. and Kuchekar S. R., "Seasonal Variation of Some Micronutrients in Soil Around Kurkumbh Industrial Area, Daund From Pune District, MS.", Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 1 (1),? 282 (2009).
- Description, Properties, and Degradation of Selected Volatile Organic Compounds Detected in Ground WaterA Review of Selected Literatur, Open-File Report.,? U.S. Department of Health and Human Services., (2006).
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 51-58
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173911
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
D. V. Sonawane, V. B. Gaikwad, M. D. Sangale, S. R. Kuchekar, "Persistence of Organic Pollutants in Ground Water Around Kurkumbh Industrial Area (Daund) from Pune District, (MS) INDIA", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.51-58, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173911