Home > Archives > IJSRST173916
Cr Doped TiO2 Catalystin Photocatalytic Degradation of Jakofix Red Dye (HE7B)
Authors(7) :-N. N. Bhujbal, S. P. Takle, S. K. Khore, S. D. Naik, S. L. Landge, B.B. Kale, R. S. Sonawane
Pigment / dye manufacturing industries are one of the highly polluting industries generating large volumes of high strength of waste water with disobedient properties. Different process covering anaerobic, aerobic as well as physico-chemical methods have been employed to treat this coloured effluent. The intense colour of the effluent leads to acute ecological problem when released untreated in to environment. Thedecolourisationor deterioration of effluent is known to be very challenging task. In this paper degradation of industrial dyein terms of colour, was studied by usingCr doped TiO2 photo catalyst. The Cr doped TiO2 nanoparticles were prepared by a using Chromium and titanium peroxide gel method with Titanium Isopropoxide as a precursor. The physico-chemical characteristics of the Chromium–titania catalysts of concentration range 0.5 to 5% (w/v) were determined using the methods of Brunauer-Emmett-Teller adsorption, X-ray diffraction, FE-SEM, FT-IR,and UV visible spectroscopy (DRS).The Cr-TiO2 catalystshowed a photo-degradation of dye for all concentration i.e. 0.5 to 5% (wt %).The maximum photocatalytic degradation (90%) ofwas observed for Jakofix red dye (HE 7B)at 0.5% Cr-TiO2sol gel catalyst, as compared to pure TiO2.
N. N. Bhujbal, S. P. Takle, S. K. Khore, S. D. Naik, S. L. Landge, B.B. Kale, R. S. Sonawane
BET, Colour, Dye, Effluent, Photocatalyst, and TiO2.
- Hoffmann M. R, Martin S. T, Choi W, Bahnemann, D.W. EnvironmentalApplications of Semiconductors Photocatalysis.Chem. Rev. 95 (1995) 69-96.
- Fox M. A, Dulay M.T, Heterogeneous PhotocatalysisChem. Rev. 93 (1993) 341-357.
- Linsebigler A.L, Lu G, Yates Jr.J.T, Photocatalysis on TiO2 Surfaces: Principles, Mechanism and Selected Results.Chem. Rev. 95 (1995) 735-758.
- Anpo M, Photochemistry, Volume 22, Res. Chem. Intermed. 11 (1989) 67-106.
- Martin S.T, Morrison C.L, Hoffmann M.R, Photochemical Mechanism of Size Quantized Vanadium Doped TiO2 particles.J. Phys. Chem. 98 (1994)13695 - 13704.
- Choi W, A. Termin A, Hoffmann M.R, The role of Metal ion dopants in Quantum sized TiO2: Correlation between Photoreactivity and Charge Carrier Recombination DynamicsJ. Phys. Chem. 98 (1994) 13669-13679.
- Klosek S, Raftery D, Visible light driven V-Doped TiO2 Photocatalyst and its photo-oxidation of Ethanol.J. Phys. Chem. B 105 (2001) 2815-2819.
- Hong X, Wang Z, Cai W, Cu F, Zhang J, Yang Y, Ma N, Liu Y. Visible light activated nanoparticle photocatalyst of Iodine doped Titanium dioxide. Chem. Mater. 17 (2005) 1548-1552.
- Zhao G, Kozuka H, Lin H, Lin T, Yoko T.? Sol gel preparation of Ti1-XVXO2 solid solution film electrodes with conspicuous Photoresponse in the visible region.Thin Solid Films339 (1999) 123-128.
- Bond G.C, Tahir S.F, Vanadium oxide monolayer catalyst preparation characterizationand catalytic activity.Appl. Catal. 71 (1991) 1-31
- Anpo M, Ichihashic Y, Takeuchi M, Yamashita H, Catalysis Research book. Res. Chem. Intermed. 24 (1998)143-149.
- Anpo M, Yamashita H, Kanai S, Sato K, Fujimoto T. Photocatalyst,process for producing the photocatalyst and Photocatalytic reaction method.US Patent 6077492 (2000).
- Anpo M, Aikawa N, Kubokawa Y, Che M, Louis C, Giamello E. Photoluminescence and photocatalytic activity of highly dispersed titanium dioxide anchored onto porous Vycor glass.J. Phys. Chem. 89 (1985) 5017-5021.
- Anpo M, Tanahashi I, Kubokawa Y. Photoluminescence and photo reduction of vanadium pentoxide supported on porous Vycor glass.J. Phys. Chem. 84 (1980) 3440-3443.
- Sonawane R.S, Kale B.B, Dongare M.K. Sol gel preparation and characterization of Co/TiO2 nanoparticles:Applicationto the degradation of methyl orange.Mater. Chem. Phys. 85 (2004) 52-57.
- Sonawane R.S, Dongare M.K. Sol gel synthesis of Au-Tio2 thin films for photocatalytic degradation of phenol in Sunlight.J. Mol. Catal. A 243 (2006) 68-76.
- Sonawane R.S, Hegde S.G, Dongare M.K.?? Preparation of photocatalytic activity of Fe-TiO2 thin films prepared by Sol-gel dip coating. Mater. Chem. Phys.77 (2002) 744-750.
- Baren W, Admek E. and Makowski. The influence of selected parameters on the photocatalytic degradation of azo-Dyes in the presence of TiO2 aqueous suspension.Chem. Eng. Journal, 2008, 145, 242-248.
- Suryawanshi M.A, Mane V.B & Kumbhar G. B.Degradation of Methylene Blue Dye using a Photochemical Reactor.IJSTE, volume 3, Issue 01, July 2016, 454-458.
- Shrivastava V. S.Photocatalytic degradation of Methylene blue dye and chromium metal from wastewater using Nanocrystalline TiO2 semiconductor.Applied Science Research, 2012, 4 (3): 1244-1254.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 79-87
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173916
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
N. N. Bhujbal, S. P. Takle, S. K. Khore, S. D. Naik, S. L. Landge, B.B. Kale, R. S. Sonawane, "Cr Doped TiO2 Catalystin Photocatalytic Degradation of Jakofix Red Dye (HE7B)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.79-87, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173916