Home > Archives > IJSRST173927
Preliminary Studies on Medicinal Plants With Anthelminthic Properties Used by Goat Owners In Sangamner and Akole Tehsil, India
Authors(2) :-V.V. Bhavare, L. D. Ghaywat
Goat farming is the major livestock industry in and around Sangamner and Akole Tehsil. Amongst the various diseases of goat, gastrointestinal parasitism is one of the major health problems in these animals. 1. The traditional use of medicinal plants for the helminth infection of goat is the most common practice used by the tribal people of this region. The study reveals survey of those medicinal plant species, traditionally used as anthelmintic and may need scientific validation for efficacy 2, 5 ,.6 .The study is based on well-structured questionnaire and detailed interviews and discussions with goat owners of this region and recorded 26 plant species which are claimed as anthelminthic in various preparations and forms. The plants reported in this study will further help in the evaluation of in vitro and in vivo anthelminthic activity and set a platform for pharmacological studies.
V.V. Bhavare, L. D. Ghaywat
Livestock, Medicinal Plants, Helminth Infection, Anthelminthic.
- A. U. Sutar et.al. prevalence of gastrointestional parasites in goats of Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra 2010 veterinary world 2010 Vol 3(10) 456-457.
- Dr. Veerakumari L. research article, Botanical Anthelmintic, Asian journal of science and Technology, Vol. 06, Issue 10, pp1881-1894, Oct, 2015.
- Lynn Pezzanite et.al. common diseases and health problem in sheep and Goat. Research article in Animal Sciences.
- J. A. Hammond et.al. Prospects for plant Anthelmintic in Tropical veterinary medicine 1997, Veterinary Research communication April 1997. volume 21 issue 3 pp 213-22.
- M. A. Sujan et.al. studies on medicinal plant against gastrointestional nematodes of goat Bangladesh journal of Veternary medicine (2008 6(2) 179-183)
- R. K. Bauri et.al. A review of use of medicinal plant to control parasite, Indian Journal of Natural product and resources, Division of parasitology, Indian veterinary Research Institute, Vol.6(4) Dec.2015, pp.268-277.
- S. Athanasiadou et.al. Medicinal plants for helminth parasite control: facts and fiction Animal (2007), 1:9, pp 1392. 1400.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 144-147
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173927
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
V.V. Bhavare, L. D. Ghaywat, "Preliminary Studies on Medicinal Plants With Anthelminthic Properties Used by Goat Owners In Sangamner and Akole Tehsil, India", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.144-147, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173927