Home > Archives > IJSRST173928
Evaluation of Biological Activities of Chick Egg White on Water Pollutant Bacteria
Authors(2) :-Swapnil Kamble, Pratiksha Dake
Water pollution is a major global problem which requires ongoing evaluation and revision of water resource policy at all levels. It has been suggested that water pollution is the leading worldwide cause of deaths and diseases, and that it accounts for the deaths of more than 14,000 people daily.That is why, inhibition of this pollution using natural and easily available resources is the intrinsic aim of the current study. Industrial methods have been developed for its economic recovery from egg whites, and the deproteinized egg whites have been approved for food use in Europe and recently in the United States. Therefore, the current study aimed at evaluation antimicrobial activity of Chick egg white and partial purified lysozyme. The experimental designs in the current work has been carried out with several aspects of antimicrobial activity of egg white and partially purified lysozyme. Interestingly, lysozyme showed articulate inhibition activity on gram positive bacteria. Results relevant to egg white are assorted with the earlier literature of not getting inhibition zone on gram negative bacteria. At the same time, the same concept should also be applied at the industrial level to amplify the research being carried out. The future prospects of the present study would be dragged to advanced aspects in molecular evidences with respect to the genes involved in bacteria which are being inhibited by the egg white.
Swapnil Kamble, Pratiksha Dake
Water Pollution, Egg White, Lysozyme, Antibacterial Activity.
- Aleksandra Zambrowicz, Marta Pokora, Ewelina Eckert, MarekSzoltysik, Anna Dabrowska, JozefaChrzanowska, TadeuszTrziszka Antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of lecithin free egg yolk protein preparation hydrolysates obtained with digestive enzymes. Functional Foods in Health Disease, 2(12):487-500, (2012).
- Carrillo W., Tubon J and Vilcacundo R. Isolation of hen egg white lysosome by cation exchange chromatography , analysis of it digestibility and evaluation of the inhibition lipid peroxidation in the zebrafish model. Asian journal of pharmaceutical and clinical researchvol 9, (2016).
- Cegielska-RadziejewskaRenata and Szablewski Tomasz Inhibition of food-borne bacteria by thermo-chemically modified egg white lysozyme. African Journal of Microbiology Research, Vol. 8(6), pp. 590-597, (2014).
- Chang-Qing Ruan, Yu-Jie Chi and Rui-Dong Zhang Kinetics of Hydrolysis of Egg White Protein by Pepsin. Czech J. Food Science Vol. 28, 2010, No. 5: 355-363, (2010).
- EdySusanto, DjalalRosyidi, LilikEkaRadiati and Abdul Manab Improved antibacterial spectrum of hen egg white lysozyme with thermal modified. Research and review in sciences 8(11), [437-442], (2014).
- Ewelina Wesierska, YousifSaleh, Tadeusz Teziszka, WieslawKopec, MaciejSiewinski and KamilaKorzekwa Antimicrobial activity of chicken egg white cystatin. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 21: 59-64, (2005).
- FlavianaBombarda de Andrade1, Jair Caetano de Oliveira2, Marjorie Takei Yoshie2, Bruno Martini Guimar?es1, Rafael Braga Gon?alves3, Waleska Dias Schwarcz4 Antimicrobial Activity and Synergism of Lactoferrin and Lysozyme Against Cariogenic Microorganisms. Brazilian Dental Journal 25(2): 165-169, (2014).
- KhothibulUmam Al Awwaly, Abdul Manab1, ManikEirrySawitri, Eny Sri Widyastuti1 and YunySusantiHaniyah.Hen Egg White Lysozyme Extraction Using SiO2: Effect of pH and Mineral on Antimicrobial Activity International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences ISSN: 2319-7706 Volume 5 /3pp. 432-436, (2016)
- N. Guyoti, Jan, S. Rehault-Godbert, Y. Nys, M. Gautier, and F. Baron. Antibacterial activity of egg white: influence of physico-chemical conditions. Bergamo 15-19, (2013).
- RenataCegielska- Radziejewska, Grzegorz Lesnierowski and JacekKijowski Properties and application of egg white lysosome and its modified preparations. polish journal of food and nutrition sciences Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 5-10, (2008).
- RenataCegielska-Radziejewska, GrzegorzLesnierowski, JacekKijowski, Tomasz Szablewski and Jan Zabielski Effects of treatment with lysozyme and its polymers on the microflora and sensory properties of chilled chicken breast muscle. Bull Vet InstPulawy 53, 455-461, (2009).
- S. Gomathi, M.Vijitha, Senthilkumar Rathnasamy Affinity Separation of Lysozyme from Quail Egg (Coturnixypsilophora) and its Antimicrobial Characterization. International Journal of PharmTech Research, Vol.6, No.4, pp 1286-1291, (2014).
- SeyhunGemili Partial Purification of Hen Egg White Lysozyme by Ethanol Precipitation Method and Determination of the Thermal Stability of Its Lyophilized Form. Turk J Agric For 31 125-134, (2007).
- Sivaramakrishnan Rajaraman , Guruprakash Subbiahdoss and PadmanabanPatchirajan Effect of Hen Egg White on Microbial Adhesion and Biofilm Growth of Biomaterial Associated Infection Causing Pathogens International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology Vol.6, No.2 (2014), pp.99-106, (2014).
- SompongThammairirak, YuwatidaPukcothannung, SutthidechPreecharram, SakdaDaduang, RinaPatramanon, TamoFukamizo and Tomahiro Araki.Antimicrobial peptides derived from goose egg white lysosome. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Prat C 151 , Pa no 84-91, (2009).
- Yoon, Jihee, Jae-Min Park, Ki-Ju Kim1, Yang-Hoon Kim, and Jiho Min.Antimicrobial Activity of the Cell Organelles, Lysosomes, Isolated from Egg White. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 19(11), 1364-1368, (2009).
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 148-153
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173928
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Swapnil Kamble, Pratiksha Dake, "Evaluation of Biological Activities of Chick Egg White on Water Pollutant Bacteria", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.148-153, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173928