Home > Archives > IJSRST173932
Effect of Heavy Metals on Antioxidant Enzyme of Fresh Water Major Carp Catla Catlafrom Mula Dam Ahmednagar
Authors(4) :-Sayed Zarin Sana, Shamim Ahmed Malik, S. A. Jadhav, Shakera A. Inamdar
Accidental industrial spills may lead to a high concentration of toxic metals in the aquatic environment which may leadto acute and chronic toxicity. Of all aquatic species, fish are particularly sensitive towaterborne contamination and are recognized as bioindicators for water quality monitoring. Thepresent study was planned to enumerate the accumulation of heavy metals like Fe, Cu, Ni and Zn in various tissues of fish like muscles,gills,liver, and kidneys). Level of these metals in different organs of fish were determined by Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS).Total proteins and levels of antioxidant enzymes, Thiobarbituric acid reactive substance (TBARS), Superoxide dismutase (SOD) andCatalase(CAT) in the tissuesof the Indian major carps were measured.
Sayed Zarin Sana, Shamim Ahmed Malik, S. A. Jadhav, Shakera A. Inamdar
Oxidative stress, Pollutants, heavy metal, antioxidant enzymes, Catla catla, Mula dam.
- Alinnor I J,I A Obiji (2010).Assessment of trace metal composition in fish samples from Nworie River.Pakistan J Nutr.9(1):81-85:2010.
- Adnamo D C (1986). Trace metals in the terrestrial environmental. New York: springer Verlaglimits.
- Ahmed Y S,S Bibi (2010). Uptake and bioaccumulation of water-borne lead (Pb) in the fingerlings of a freshwater cyprinid, catla catla .The J.Anim.Plant Sci.20 (3): 201-207.
- Battachariya S, Chaudhuri P,Dutta S, Santra C (2010). Bull.Environ.Cont.Toxicol.,84 (5):618-622.
- Fornster u,wittmann W(1983).Metal pollution in aquatic environment.Berlin, Springer-Verlag.
- Lushchak, V I, LushchakL P,MotaA A, Hermes-Lima M, (2001). Oxidative stressand antioxidant defenses in gold?sh Carassius auratus during anoxia and reoxy-genation. Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 280, 100-107.
- Mendel,D O,E Hasdemir,M Tuzen,H Sari.M Tuzen, M, suicmez (2005).Determination of trace metal levels in seven fishes species in lakes in tokat Turkey food Chem.90(1.2) 175-179
- Raychaudhadhuri S., Mishra S,Soladkar M,Sudarshan M,Thakur A(2008).4(2):140-144.
- Rauf A, M Javed, M Ubaidullah, S Ubaidullah (2009b). Assessment of heavy metals in Sediments of the River,Ravi, Lnt.j agri.biol.11(2).197-200.
- Sivaperumal P, Sankar T, N Visvanathan (2007). Food Chemistry,102: 612-620.
- Yilmaz F (200). Turkish J.Sci. and tech.,4(1):7-15.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 167-169
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173932
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sayed Zarin Sana, Shamim Ahmed Malik, S. A. Jadhav, Shakera A. Inamdar, "Effect of Heavy Metals on Antioxidant Enzyme of Fresh Water Major Carp Catla Catlafrom Mula Dam Ahmednagar", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.167-169, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173932