Home > Archives > IJSRST173938
Polyethylene Glycol (PEG-400): As Green Reaction Media for Rapid Synthesis of Preparation of Isoxazolinederivatives and Its Antimicrobial Screening
Authors(5) :-Santosh S. Chobe, Thansingh B.Pawar, Bapusaheb. S. Jagdale, Bhaskar S. Dawane, Dinesh T. Gajulwar
We wish to describe an efficient and rapid synthesis of isoxazolines by the reaction of substituted pyrazol-5-one were condensed with hydroxylamine hydrochloride in presence of clay (pH =12.5) and PEG-400 as a green reaction media. Herein, we report the conventional condensation method of substituted pyrazol-5-one with hydroxylamine hydrochloride in PEG-400 as reaction solvent at mild reaction condition. Structures of the synthesized compounds were confirmed by the spectral analysis. Furthermore, all the synthesized compounds were evaluated for their antimicrobial screening against several pathogenic representatives, these newly synthesized compounds were screened for their antimicrobial activity against bacterial strain Escherichia coli (MTCC-443), Bacillus subtilis (MTCC-441), Staphylococcus aureus (MTCC-96) and Salmonella typhi. (MTCC-98). The antifungal activity was evaluated against Aspergillus niger (MTCC-1781), Aspergillus flavus (MTCC-3008), Candida albicans (MTCC-227) and Penicillium chrysogenum (MTCC-160).The result revealed that most of the compounds showed good to moderate Antimicrobial screening. The major advantages of this protocol are it gives excellent yields of products, work up procedure and isolation is easier, Procedure is green and environmentally benign, shorter reaction times.
Santosh S. Chobe, Thansingh B.Pawar, Bapusaheb. S. Jagdale, Bhaskar S. Dawane, Dinesh T. Gajulwar
Pyrazolone, Isoxazoline, PEG-400, Clay(pH =12.5) andAntimicrobial activity.
- F. Vittorio, G. Ronsisvalle, M. S. Pappalardo and G. Blandino Chem. Abstr., 103, 9721, 1985.
- Mizabuchis and Satoy, Agri Biol Chem., 48, 2771, 1984.
- D. S. Bhakunin and R. Chaturvedi, J. Nat Prod., 47, 585, 1984.
- B .Shivkumar and L. V. G .Nargund, Ind. J. Het. Chem., 8, 27, 1998.
- Lapage and B. Hublot, Chem. Abstr., 113, 211964g.1996.
- M. Nagano, J. Sakai, M. Mizukai N. Nakamura E. Misaka S. Kobayashi and K. Tomita, Ipn Kokai, JP54073774, 774; Chem. Abstr., 92,? 4192, 1979.
- M. S. Simmonds, W. M. Blaney, F. D. Monuche and Marini Bettollo, J. Chem. Ecol., 16, 365, 1996.
- B. L. Varma, Ind. J. Het. Chem., 13, 111, 2003.
- D. N. Nagar, V. H. Shah, Ind. J. Het. Chem.,13, 173, 2003.
- N. R. Natale, M. E. Rogers, R.T. Stoples, J. Med. Chem., 42, 3087, 1999.
- B. S. Dawane, B. M. Shaikh, N. T. Khandare, V. T. Kamble, S. S. Chobe, S. G. Konda, ????????? Green Chemistry Letters and Reviews., 3,? 205-208,2010.
- G. G. Mandawad, S. S. Chobe, O. S. Yemul., B. S. Dawane, J. of Pharmacy Research.,? 4, 3360-3363, 2011.
- R. L, Lankey, P. T. Anastas, Eng. Chem. Res.,41, 4498-4502,2002.
- B.S.Dawane, S.G.Konda, B.M.Shaikh, S.S. Chobe,One-pot multicomponent synthesis and antibacterial evaluation of some novel acridine derivatives,Der Pharma Chemica., 2(4), 25-29,2010.
- S.S. Chobe, G. G.Mandawad ,O. S.Yemul, S.S.Kinkar and B. S. Dawane,An efficient one-pot synthesis of substituted pyrazolo [3,4 b:4',3'e]pyridine derivatives via the Hantzch three component condensation using bleaching earth catalyst and their invitro Antimicrobial evaluation, Int.J.of ChemTech Research., 3(2), 938-943,2011.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 187-191
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173938
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Santosh S. Chobe, Thansingh B.Pawar, Bapusaheb. S. Jagdale, Bhaskar S. Dawane, Dinesh T. Gajulwar, "Polyethylene Glycol (PEG-400): As Green Reaction Media for Rapid Synthesis of Preparation of Isoxazolinederivatives and Its Antimicrobial Screening", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.187-191, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173938