Home > Archives > IJSRST173944
Pectin - Ethanolamine Graft Copolymer Hydrogel for Ointment and Transdermal Patches Consist of Tridax Procumbens L. Ethanol-Water Extract as Antiseptic and Antifungal Agent
Authors(1) :-Prashant B. Sutar
Currently research has been carried out for the development of transdermal drug delivery systems. Specific transdermal drug delivery system is chemically modified pectin based hydrogels. This modified gel is used to carry ethanol-water extract of Tridax procumbens L. as antiseptic, antifungal. Pectin forms gel with crosslinking agents like divalent or multivalent cations, glutaraldehyde etc. Transdermal patches and ointment with petroleum wax made from the cross-liked modified pectin gel and the leaf extract of plant in ethanol-water were loaded through diffusion method. In the current study an attempt has been made to improve the properties of the pectin gels by graft copolymerization with ethanolamine and the swelling properties were modified by varying concentration of crosslinking agent, glutaraldehyde and used for various biomedical applications,. Antiseptic and antifungal activity of loaded hydrogel were studied.
Hydrogel, pectin modification, Tridax procumbens L. Transdermal patches, ointment.
- Prashant B. Sutar., Rakesh K. Mishra,? Kunal Pal, Ajit K. Banthia ‘Development of pH sensitive polyacrylamide grafted pectin hydrogel for controlled drug delivery system’, J Mater Sci: Mater Med, DOI 10.1007/s10856-007-3162-y.
- R.K. MISHRA1, J.P. SINGHAL1, M. DATT1, A.K. BANTHIA2?? Amidated pectin: synthesis, characterization and cytocompatibility study, Journal of Applied Biomaterials & Biomechanics 2007; Vol. 5 no. 2: 00-00
- H.W. Matthew, S.O. Salley, W.D. Peterson and M.D. Klein , Complex coacervate microcapsules for mammalian cell culture and artificial organ development. Biotechnol. Prog. 9 (1993), pp. 510?519.
- J. MicroeJarvis, M. C. Plant. Cell En iron. 1984, 7., 153?164
- Rolin, C.; Nielsen, B. U.; Glahn, P.-E. Pectin. In Polysac-charides, Structural Diversity and Functional Versatility; Dumitriu,S., Ed.; Marcel Dekker Inc: New York, 1998 pp; 377?431
- Pilgrim, G. W.; Walter, R. H.; Oakenfull, D. G. Jams, Jellies, and Preserves. In The Chemistry and Technology of Pectin; Walter, R. H., Ed.; Academic Press: San Diego, 1991; pp 23?50.
- Oakenfull,D.G. (1984a) A method for using measurements of shear modulas to estimate the size and thermodynamic stability of junction zones in covalentaly crosslinked gels, Journal of food Science, 49, 1103-1104.
- Oakenfull,D.G. (1984b). Hydrophobic interactions in the gelation of high methoxyl pectins. Jornal of Food Science,49,1093- 1098.
- Oakenfull,D.G, & Scott,A.G. (1985) The chemistry of high methoxyl pectins.In water (Ed.), The chemistry and technology of pectins (pp. 87-108) New York; Academic press.
- Grant, G.T., Morris.E.R., Rees, D.A., Smith,P.J.C., & Thom,D. 1973, Biological iteractions between polysaccharides and divalent cations: The egg box model. FEBS Letters, 195-198.
- Crescenzi and Callegaros (1993) : Esters of pectic and pectinic acids, their manufacture and uses. WO 9314129.Chem Abstr.,120. 30518.
- Damian f.,Van Den Motter.,G Samyn c., KInget R. (1999., In vitro biodegradation study of acetyl and methyl inulins by bifidobacteria and inulinase.Eur.J.Pharm.Biopharm.,47.,275-282.
- Mullner S., Weisner M., Ahllers., M. (1993): Pectin derivatives as adsorbents for removal of bile acids.DE patent No. 41 36 322 A1, 6 May 1993.
- Torris, D., Garccia-Encin.,G., Seij. B. and Villa Jat, L.L (1995). Formulation and in vitro Evaluation of HPMCP-microencapsulated Drug resin compexes for Sustained release Of Diclofenac, International Journal of Pharmaceuticals, 121:239-243.
- Nokhodchi, A, Farid, D.J. Najafi., M., and Andrangui, M.(1997). Studies on controlled release Formulation of Diclofenac sodium, Drug dev, Ind, Pharm. 23: 1019-1023.
- Rani, M. and Mishra, B. (2001). Effect of Admixed Polymers on Diclofenac Sodium Release from Matrix Tablets, Pharm.Pharmacol. Lett., 11: 76?78.
- http://www.techfak.uni-kiel.de/matwis/amat/def_en/kap_3/backbone/r3_3_1. html.
- H. Gin, B. Dupuy, A. Baquey, C. Baquey and D. Ducassou , Lack of responsiveness to glucose of microencapsulated Islets of Langerhans after three weeks implantation in the rat ? Influence of complement., 7, 153?164.ncapsul. 7 (1990), pp. 341?346.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 222-229
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173944
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Prashant B. Sutar, "Pectin - Ethanolamine Graft Copolymer Hydrogel for Ointment and Transdermal Patches Consist of Tridax Procumbens L. Ethanol-Water Extract as Antiseptic and Antifungal Agent", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.222-229, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173944