Home > Archives > IJSRST173946
Cotton Dyeing with Natural Dye Extracted from Yellow Flowers of Caesalpinia pulcherima
Authors(6) :-Bharati K.T, Gujarathi D. B, Argade B.U, Jambukar B. S, Torkadi V.B, Sinare S.R
Flower waste is an easily available and replenish able source for natural dyes. The present study deals with the extraction of natural dye from flowers of Caesalpinia pulcherima using four different extraction methods. Various shades were obtained using four different mordents. The finding reveals that Caesalpinia pulcherima yellow flowers are a good source of natural dye which will be helpful in textile industry for dying Cotton fabrics.
Bharati K.T, Gujarathi D. B, Argade B.U, Jambukar B. S, Torkadi V.B, Sinare S.R
- Kumaresan M,Palanisamy P.N. and Kumar P.E,"Application of Eco-Friendly natural dye obtained from flower of spathodeacampanulataon silk using combination of mordents",Eur. J. Sci. Res. 2011, 52(3), 306-312.
- Manual on Ecploration& Collection of plant Genetic Resources and Related indigenous knowledge, National Bureau of plant Genetic Resources, New Delhi, 2000.
- Bruna C.V & Maria, AMM, "Azo Dyes; Characterization & toxicity- a review" Textiles and Light Industrial Science and Technology, 2013, 2(2),85-103.
- Goodarzian, H &Ekrami, E, "Extraction of dye from mordent plant (Rubiatinctorium) and dyeing of wool,"Words Applied Science Journal, 2010,, 434-436.
- Sachan K. and Kapoor V.P., "Optimization of extraction and dyeing conditions for traditional turmeric dye," IJTK, 2007, 6(2), pp270-278.
- Siva R, "Status of natural dyes and dye yielding plants in india", Current Science Bangalore, 2007, 92, 916.
- Vankar P.S., Shankar R and Wijayapala S., "Dyeing Cotton, Silk and Wool Yarn with Extract of Garniciamangostana Pericarp", JTATM, 2009, 6 .
- Samanta A.K and Agrawal P., "Application of Natural Dyes on Textiles", IJFTR, 2009, 34,384-399.
- Mahanagade R.R., Varadarajan P.V., Verma J.K. and Bosco H., "New Dyeing Techniques for Enhancing Color Strength and Fastness Properties of Cotton Fabric Dyes with Natural Dyes", IJFTR, (2009), 34, 279-282.
- Tozer Jane, Levitt Sarah, 'Fabric of Society: A century of people and their clothes’, Laura Ashley Press, 1983, 22, pp1770-1870.
- WongchareeMeeyoo V, Chvadej S, Solar Energy Material and Solar Cells, 67, 2006, pp1308.
- Kamal M.M, EI-Shishtawy R.M; Yussef B.M; Mashaly H., Dyes Pigments, 2005 (65), pp103-110.
- ArsheenMoiz, M. AleemAhamd, NaheedKausar, Kamran Ahamed, and MunnazaSohail.Study the effect of metal ions on wool fabric dyeing with tea as natural dye. J. Saudi Chemical Society 2010; 14:69-76.
- David Kirkland, Daniel Marzin, 'An assessment of the genotoxicity of 2-hydroxy-1, 4-naphthoquinone, the natural dye ingradient of Henna’,Mutation Research, 2003; 537, pp183-199.
- Norio Saito, FumiTatsuzawa, Kenjiro Toki, Koichi Shinoda, Atsushi Shigihara, and Toshio Honda, 'The blue anthocyanin pigments from the blue flowers of Heliophilacoronopifolia L. (Brassicaceae)’, Phytochemistry 2011;72, pp2219-2229.
- Eiichiro Ono, Miho Ruike, Takashi Iwashita KyosukeNomoto, Yuko Fukai, 'Co-pigmentation and flavonoid glycosyltransferases in blue Veronicapersica flowers’, Phytochemistry, 2010; 71, pp726-735.
- Jothi, D., 'Extraction of Natural dye from African Marigold flower (Tagetesereecta) for textilecoloration’, AUTEX Res. J., 8(2), 2008, pp49-53.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 233-236
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173946
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Bharati K.T, Gujarathi D. B, Argade B.U, Jambukar B. S, Torkadi V.B, Sinare S.R, "Cotton Dyeing with Natural Dye Extracted from Yellow Flowers of Caesalpinia pulcherima", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.233-236, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173946