Home > Archives > IJSRST173949
Bio-derived Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles using aqueous Honey and Turmeric Solution (HTS) and their Antimicrobial Activity
Authors(5) :-Gujarathi D. B, Bharati K. T, , Kanawade R. D, Gopale P. S
Nowadays, Nanotechnology is playing an important role as a multidisciplinary research concept to primary scientific field. It involves the synthesis of nano-material using different ways and having huge applications. Recently, the use of bio-derived products for the synthesis of nano sized material of interest is in vogue leading to modern nanobiotechnology.
In present investigation, we have developed rapid and eco-friendly method for green synthesis of Silver nanoparticles using aqueous solution of honey and turmeric (HTS-AgNPs).The synthesized Silver nanoparticles were characterized by UV-Visible Spectroscopy, FTIR Spectroscopy, Zeta potential, Polydispersity Index and their antimicrobial activity. The present study suggests that the bio-derived Silver nanoparticles are having particle size 2.4 nm and show moderate antimicrobial activity.
Gujarathi D. B, Bharati K. T, , Kanawade R. D, Gopale P. S
HTS-AgNPs, Zeta potential, Polydispersity index.
- QuangHuy Tran, Van Quy Nguyen and Anh-Tuan Le, "Silvernanoparticles: synthesis, properties, toxicology, applications and perspectives", Adv. Nat. Sci.: Nanosci. Nanotechnology. 2013; 4: 033001 (20pp).
- Tarek A El-Desouky and Hala A.M.Ammar, "Honey mediated Silver nanoparticles and their inhibitory effect on aflatoxins and ochratoxin A", Journal of App. Pharm. Sci. 2016; 6(6): 83-90.
- M.Viuda-Martos, Y. Ruiz-Navajas, J. Fernandez-Lopez and Perez-Alvarez, Journal of Food Science, 2008; 73: R117.
- D.Philip, "Honey mediated green synthesis of Gold nanoparticles, Spectrochimica Acta A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 2009; 73: 650-653.
- D.Philip, "Honey mediated green synthesis of silver nanoparticles, Spectrochimica Acta A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy.2010; 75: 1078-1081.
- D.W.Ball, "The chemical composition of honey", Journal of the Chemical Education, 2007; 84: 1643.
- R. Mendoza-Resendez, N.O.Nunez and C. Luna, "Green synthesis of Silver nanoparticles mediated by bee products",J.Sci. Food Agric. 2007; 87: 1069.
- C.H.Sreelakshmi, K. K. Datta, J. S. Yadav and S. B. Reddy, "Honey derivatized Au and Ag nanoparticles and evolution of its antimicrobial activity", Journal of Nanosci. And Nanotech.2011; 11: 6995-7000.
- I.B.Obot, S.A. Umoren and A.S. Johnson, "Sunlight-mediated synthesis of Silver nanoparticles using honey and its promising anticorrosion potentials for mild steel in acidic environments", J. Mater. Environ. Sci. 2013; 4(6): 1013-1018.
- Nguyen Thi Ngoan, Ba Thi Cham, Tran Dai Lam and Toshifumi Tsukahara, "Synthesis and application of Silver nanoparticles/curcumin conjugates for wound dressing", JAIST, 2011; 29.
- P. T.Ronaldson, L. S. Covarrubias, L. M. Slosky, B. J. Thompson, T. P. Davis, "Transporters at CNS barrier sites: obstacles or opportunities for drug delivery", Curr. Phar. Des; 2014; 7:27-34.
- S.Ponarulselvam, C. Panneerselvam, K. Murugan, N. Aarthi, K. Kallmuthu, S. Thangamani, "Synthesis of Silver nanoparticles using leaves of Catharanthusroseus Linn. G. Don and their antiplasmodial activities", Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, 2012; 2(7): 574-580.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 249-252
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173949
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Gujarathi D. B, Bharati K. T, , Kanawade R. D, Gopale P. S, "Bio-derived Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles using aqueous Honey and Turmeric Solution (HTS) and their Antimicrobial Activity", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.249-252, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173949