Home > Archives > IJSRST173950
Study of Physico-chemical Parameters for Soil Quality of Agricultural Field Used in Villages of Nanded- Waghala Municipal Corporation, District : Nanded (Maharashtra), India
Authors(1) :-Dinesh T. Gajulwar
The soil is the most important component of our farming. The type of soil is a major factor in determining what types of plant will grow in any area. Soil sampling is the most important step for any soil Analysis. Some important physicochemical parameters of agricultural soil sample near Godavari River from Nanded Taluka. Dist. Nanded, State Maharashtra were studied. Soil samples were collected from 12 representative locations from depths of 0 to 20 cm for physicochemical study. Some physicochemical parameters such as colour, moisture, pH, total organic carbon, Electrical Conductivity (EC), % of Nitrogen (N), % of Phosphorus (P2O5), % of Potassium (K2O), TDS and different metals content were analyzed by using standard procedures. From this study it has been revealed that there is excessive dose of Potassium (K) & phosphorus (P) into the soil due to excessive use of chemical fertilizers. Similarly concentration of elements such as Mg, Ca etc. has also been seen higher than the normal range due to application of sewage water from river & poorer drainage conditions, which leads to increase in soil alkalinity. This study shows that variable concentrations of various parameters and irregular distributions of micronutrients is decreasing the quality of soil for use of agriculture crop formation mean while there is marked variation in nutrients and parameters of various sample point in different agricultural field. This knowledge will help to the people who are interested to work in agricultural field.
Physiochemical parameters, Micronutrients, Soil, fertilizers, TDS, flame photometric method, Conductivity
- K Kanimozhi; A. Panneerselvam; 2011, Archives of Applied Science Research. 3 (2), 525- 536.
- L Jaishree; Somwanshi; SK Akuskarint; 2008,Int. J. chem.Sci. 6(1), 255-261.
- NN Garba; A.Isma’lla; UK Asma; ZN Garba; B.I Tijjni,; 2013, European Journal of Applied Engineering and Scientific Research., 2 (2), 23-27.
- KK Borah;,B.Bhuyan; HP Sharma; 2009, Archives of Applied Science Research., 1 (2), 159-164.
- KP Kordlaghari; SN Sisakht; A. Saleh; 2013, Annals of Biological Research., 4 (3), 105-108.
- AK Gupta; MLVarshaney; 1994, Practical Manual for Agricultural Chemistry. Kalyani Publisher, 3-26.
- Gray et al., 1998; Salam and Helmke, 1998;Oliver et al., 1998, Singh et al., 1995; Evans et al., 1995; Filius et al., 1998; Mann and Ritchie, 1995.
- Raut P.P. and Ekbote P.D., 2012; Int.J. of Basic and Applied Research Special Issue,112-116.
- Kulkarni A.N., Balkhande J.V., Waghmare B.D., Ratnakar P.U and Kanwatr V.S., 2011; Int. J. Life Science, 437-438.
- Arotupin and Akinyosoye, 2008; Research Journal of Microbiology,3(1), pp-41-46
- I.Ifenna; LC.Osuji; 2013; Archives of Applied Science Research., 5 (3), 184-192.
- MM Lakdawala; D H Patel; 2013; Der Chemica Sinica, 4(4), 73-77.
- M C Onojake; LC Osuji; 2012; Archives of Applied Science Research. 4 (1), 8-58.
- K Rajendren; R Veeraputhiran;? 2001; Agric. Rev., 22(l), 68-70.
- CC Trasar; MC Leiros; S Seoane; F. Gilsotres; 2008; Soil Biol. Biochem., 1, 301-307.
- P Prabhu; U Balasubramnian; 2012; Advances in Applied Science Research, 3 (4), 2103-2107.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 9 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-15
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 253-258
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173950
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dinesh T. Gajulwar, "Study of Physico-chemical Parameters for Soil Quality of Agricultural Field Used in Villages of Nanded- Waghala Municipal Corporation, District : Nanded (Maharashtra), India", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 9, pp.253-258, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173950