Home > Archives > IJSRST1841031
A Detailed Study on the Design and Seismic Analysis of G+18 Floors Multistoried Building by Using Etabs 2013
Authors(3) :-C. Chenna Krishna Reddy, D. Mohammed Rafi, Dr. C. Rama Chandrudu
One of the major problems that the country facing is the rapidly growing population, which necessities more facilities in the restricted availability of land. This can be solved to a certain extent with the construction of multistoried building, which can serve many people in available limited area. Hence it is the necessary requirement of multistoried building with all facilities. Earthquake Engineering was developed a lot from the early days and seismically analyzing the structures requires specialized explicit finite element analysis software, which divides the element into very small slices and models the actual physics. The seismic analysis of the proposed building was done in the software ETABS 2 13, which is one of the most advanced software in the structural design field. The loads applied on the structure was based on IS:875 (part I)-1987 [dead load], IS:875 (part II)-1987 [live load], IS:875 (part III)-1987 [wind load], IS:1893-2 [Earthquake load]. Scale factor is calculated from the design base shear (Vb) to the base shear calculated using fundamental time period (Ta). Once the analysis was completed all the structural components were designed according to Indian standard code IS:456-2. Footing, columns, beams, slab, staircase and shear wall were designed. Ductile detailing of the structural elements were done as per code IS:1392 -1993.
C. Chenna Krishna Reddy, D. Mohammed Rafi, Dr. C. Rama Chandrudu
ETABS, Earthquake load, Reinforced Cement Concrete, AutoCAD
- IS: 875 (part I)-1987 – Code for practice for Design loads for Buildings and Structures [Dead load calculation]
- IS: 875 (part 2)-1987 – Code for practice for Design loads for Buildings and Structures [Live load calculation]
- IS: 875 (part 3)-1987 – Code for practice for Design loads for buildings and Structures [Wind load calculation]
- IS: 456-2000 for Plain and Reinforced Concrete code for practice (IVth Revision)
- IS: 1893-2002 – Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of structures [Seismic load calculation]
- IS: 13920-1993 –Ductile Detailing of Reinforced Concrete Structures subjected to seismic forces.
- SP: 16- Design Aids for Reinforcement concrete to IS: 456-1978
- ETABS – Integrated Building Design software manual by Computers and Structures Inc.
- Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures by Mr.Pankaj Aggarwal and Mr. Manish Shirkhande.
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures by Mr.Unnikrihna Pillai and Mr. Devadoss Menan.
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Elements by Mr. Krishna Raju and Mr.R.N.Pranesh.
- Limit state Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures by P.C.Varghees.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 10 | September-October 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-09-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 103-109
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841031
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
C. Chenna Krishna Reddy, D. Mohammed Rafi, Dr. C. Rama Chandrudu, "A Detailed Study on the Design and Seismic Analysis of G+18 Floors Multistoried Building by Using Etabs 2013", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp.103-109, September-October-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841031