Home > Archives > IJSRST1841032
Effect of Physico-chemical Parameters conditions on the phytoplankton community in Shiva Sagar Lake, Vikarabad, Telangana
Authors(2) :-T. Sreelakshmi, K. Shailaja
Shiva Sagar Lake is situated at Shiva Reddy Peta village near Vikarabad town in Ranga Reddy which is about 70 kilometers from Hyderabad. It spreads an area of around 93 hectares of land and it is 50-100 meters depth. The present paper deals mainly with the study of physico-chemical parameters conditions on the phytoplankton community in Shiva Sagar Lake. The present study on Shiva Sagar Lake, Vikarabad, Telangana was undertaken from March 2014 to February 2015 to study abundance of phytoplankton and their relation with physico-chemical conditions of water. The various physico-chemical parameters like temperature, pH, carbonates, bicarbonates, chlorides, total hardness, calcium, magnesium, dissolved oxygen, nitrates, nitrites, phosphates and sulphates were analysed. A total of 54 phytoplanktons belonging to Bacillariophyceae, Chlorophyceae, Cyanophyceae and Euglenophyceae were identified. A clear dominance of Bacillariophyceae over Chlorophyceae, Cyanophyceae and Euglenophyceae was observed throughout the study period.
T. Sreelakshmi, K. Shailaja
Phytoplankton, Shiva Sagar Lake, Water Quality and Physico-Chemical Parameters
- APHA 1998. Standard Methods for examination of water and wastewater. 20th Edition. American Public Health Association, Washington, D.C., USA. p.1193.
- Banakar, A.B., Poojitha,S., Thirumala S., Manjappa, S and Puttaiah, E.T. 2010. Physico-chemical analysis of Kathralu pond water near Chitradurga, Kanataka, J. Aqua, Biol., 25(2): 70-74.
- Banatwala, R.C., Dongre, S.D., P.K. Mishra and R.G. Verma 2004. Limnological study of Sapna Reservoir at Bethi (M.P.). Env. Conserv.J. 5(1-3): 71-75.
- Chaterjee A.A.K. and Mehang R.C. 1988. The Limnology of Nandakanan lake .Proc. 75thlng SC.Cong: Part III.
- Dakshini, K.M.M. and Gupta, S.K. 1984. Physiography and limnology of three lakes in the environs of the Union territory of Delhi, India, Proc Indi. Natl. Sci. Acad. India B (50) (4); 417 – 430.
- Dhere, R.M and Gaikwad, J.M. 2006. Physico-chemical characteristics of Karpara Reservoir dist. Parbhani, Maharashtra. J.Aqua.Biol. 21(2): 86-88
- Hegdae, B.A., Surekha, G., Ramdas, K., Yashovarma, B., 2005. Studies on the limnological characteristics of Guruvayankara pond near Belthangady of Karnataka.Indian. J. Envir and Eco Planning. 10(1): 165-8.
- Kumar.A. and Singh N.K., 2000. Phytoplanktors of a pond at Deoghar, India. hykos. 39 (1 and 2): 21-33.
- Mahananda, H.B., Mahananda, M.R., and Mohanty, B.P. 2005. Studies on the Physico-chemical and biological parameters of a Fresh water pond ecosystems as an indicator of water pollution, Ecol.Env and Cons., 11(3-4): 537-541.
- Padma, S and Periakali. 1999. Physico-chemical and geochemical studies inPulicat lake,east-Coast India. Indian Journal .Marine Science. 28(4), 434-437.
- Preeti Gupta, Sunita Agarwal and Ira Gupta. 2011. Assessment of Physico-chemical parameters of various lakes of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. Indian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Life Sciences. 1(3): 246-248.
- Radhika, C.G., Mini,I and Gangadevi, T. 2004. Studies on abiotic parameters of a tropical fresh water lake - Vellayani lake, Trivandrum, Kerala, Pollution Research. 23(1): pp. 49-63.
- Sharma, A., Ranga, M.M and Sharma, P.C. 2010. Water quality status of Historical Gundolav lake at Kishangarth as a primary data for sustainable management .South Asian Journal of Tourism and Heritage. 3(2): 149-158.
- Sumitra, M., Sharma, R., Sharma, V and Sharma, M.S., 2007. Trophic status of lake Pichhola in Relation to physico-chemical characteristics of its water, National symposium on Limnology. 244 - 248.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 10 | September-October 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-09-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 44-47
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841032
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
T. Sreelakshmi, K. Shailaja, "Effect of Physico-chemical Parameters conditions on the phytoplankton community in Shiva Sagar Lake, Vikarabad, Telangana", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp.44-47, September-October-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841032