Home > Archives > IJSRST1841040
Bus Information Alert System for Navigation of Blind People
Authors(1) :-Kotapati Chinna Ussenaiah
In our real life, we see visually impaired peoples in various perspectives. They are challenging many difficulties, such as identifying and blocking obstacles and to adapting environment around them. In some of the existing methods, some visual disability people are using talking signs, guides, echolocations, etc. to reach their chosen destination. We proposed one new design in this paper, to overcome those problems. This design implemented with the aid of wireless networks (WSN). Our main aim is to provide security and guidance to the people with the visual disabilities. According to this proposed idea, one RFID device should be held stationary at the bus stop wherever the people with visual defects are waiting for buses. This device does recognize by other units on each bus. Visually disabled people who provided with RFID tags are given their existence near the bus stop by using an RFID tag. The information about the visually impaired that is understood by the RFID reader is sent to the Web server with the help of NodeMCU (Wi-Fi module). The signals generated by the MSP430G2553 microcontroller and these signals transmitted to the bus unit through an RF transceiver. A Text to Speech device is using to convert the bus routes into an audio output. This is notified to him or her with the cooperation of the Text to Speech device. The bus routes information from the buses is transmitted through an RF transceiver in the bus to the RF transceiver at the bus stop. And the announcements about the bus routes information is made through the loudspeaker. According to the choice of the visually disabled individual, they can select to aboard a particular route bus. The secondary intention of this project is to support senior citizen & illiterate people for independent navigation in public transport.
Kotapati Chinna Ussenaiah
MSP430G2553, RFID Reader, NodeMCU, LCD Display, Text 2 Speech.
- Bus Rapid Transit System, Transportation research and injury programme, Indian institute of technology Delhi, December 2008.
- Diravath Chander, M. Venkata Sireesha,” Passenger bus alert system for easy navigation of blind”, IJESR, September 2014, Vol-4, 709-715.
- Perry BD, Morris S, Carcieri S. RFID Technology to Aid in Navigation and Organization for the Blind and Partially Sighted, 2009; 1-52.
- Lavanya, Pretty, “Passenger bus alert system for easy navigation of blind”, International Conference on Circuits, Power and Computing Technologies, 2013, 978-1-4673-4922-2113.
- Guyennet H, Beydoun K, Felea V. Wireless sensor network system helping navigation of the visually impaired, IEEE international conference on Information and Communication Technologies: from Theory to Applications, version 1, 2011; 1-5.
- Jack Loomis M, Roberta Klatzky L. Navigation System for Blind, Massachusetts Institute of Technology 2008; 7(2): 193-203.
- Jain PC, Vijaygopalan KP. RFID and Wireless Sensor Networks', Proceedings of ASCNT, CDAC, Noida, India, 2010; 1-11.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 10 | September-October 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-09-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 157-164
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841040
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Kotapati Chinna Ussenaiah, "Bus Information Alert System for Navigation of Blind People", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp.157-164, September-October-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841040