Home > Archives > IJSRST1841041
Analysis of Ecological Dimensions on Organic Farming of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI)(Case Study in East Luwu Regency)
Authors(4) :-Yasmin, Darmawan Salman, Sitti Bulkis, Hatta Jamil
Organic farming of the System of rice intensification (SRI) is one an approach in the practice of rice cultivation that emphasizes the management of land, plants and water management. The research aimed is to examine the ecological dimensions of organic farming SRI in East Luwu Regency, South Sulawesi, Indonesia. This study used a case study method with a qualitative analysis approach. The results showed that the SRI pattern could improve soil quality, the formation of organic rice land zones that could be formed the production areas and agro-tourism areas, intensity of plant pests controlling that environmentally friendly, water management efficiently, and utilization of rice straw after harvest and the decrease of of chemical fertilizers utilization. The practices could be guarantees the sustainability of organic farming.
Yasmin, Darmawan Salman, Sitti Bulkis, Hatta Jamil
Organic Farming, SRI Pattern, Ecological Dimension, Environmental Friendly
- Gunawan, 2014. Qualitative Research Methods: Theory and Practice. Bumi Aksara Publishing, Jakarta.
- I, Setiajie, and Sumedi, 2008 "Ideas and Implementation of System of Rice of Intensification (SRI) in Ecological Rice Cultivation Activities". http://tatiek.lecture.ub.ac.id/files/2009/08/sri-2.pdf accessed date on October 13, 2010.
- S. Anugrah, Sumedi, and I P. Wardana, 2008 "Ideas and Implementation of System of Rice of Intensification (SRI) in Ecological Rice Cultivation Activities (BPE). Journal of "Agricultural Policy Analysis", 6 (1), pp. 75-99.
- W. Creswell, JW, 2014. Research Design; Qualitative, Quantitative and Mixed Method Approaches. SAGE Publications, Inc., California.
- Makarim and Ikhwani, 2013 "System of Rice Intensification (SRI) and Opportunities for developing National Rice Production." Paper for Research of the Center for Food Crops, Bogor April 11, 2013.
- Yin Robert, 2014 "Case Study: Design & Methods ", Raja Grafindo Persada Publishing, Jakarta.
- Miles, Mathew, and M. Huberman, 1992 "Qualitative Data Analysis." Source Book about New Methods, Jakarta
- P.I. Wardana, Juliardi, Sumedi, and I. Setiajie, 2005” Development of the Study of Rice Intensification System (SRI) in Indonesia. Rice Foundation Collaboration with Agricultural Research and Development Agency, Jakarta.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 10 | September-October 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 206-210
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841041
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Yasmin, Darmawan Salman, Sitti Bulkis, Hatta Jamil, "Analysis of Ecological Dimensions on Organic Farming of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI)(Case Study in East Luwu Regency)
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp.206-210, September-October-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841041