Home > Archives > IJSRST1841051
A Study on the Analysis and Design of Commercial Building (G+9) Using Response Spectrum Method in ETABS
Authors(3) :-Vanaparthi Paparao, Syed Rizwan, Dr. C. Rama Chandrudu
Humans has started rising higher due to lace in horizontal space, Building taller structures has become a common trend. But as this vertical limit is pushed the risk factor increase. Skyscraper has to be analyzed for various loads to provide safety. Behaviour of a structure is most critical during earthquake thus it is important to analyze a structure for seismic resistance. Earthquake is an unpredictable hazard having power to bring a high raised structure to ground. Thus it is important to analysis a structure for seismic force. Seismic coefficient method can be used to analyze small and medium height structure up to 40m. It is a simple method of analysis and required less calculation. The behaviour of a structure depends critically on overall shape, size and geometry. A study on the behaviour of RC building during earthquake is done to understand different in seismic loading and difference in behavior due to different shape. A 9 storey building with height of each floor 3m is analyzed by seismic coefficient method with the help of ETABS software. ETABS may provide an easy, efficient and accurate way to analyze a structure. The analysis is done as per IS 1893:2002 (Part-1). Estimation of response such as; lateral forces, base shear, storey drift, storey shear etc. is carried out for all the different shaped RC buildings and Compared based on response given by different shaped building.
Vanaparthi Paparao, Syed Rizwan, Dr. C. Rama Chandrudu
ETABS, RC building, Autocad, Staad, Etabs, SAP200, Midas
- INDIAN STANDARD CODE BOOKS REFERRED:
- IS: 875 (part I)-1987 – Code for practice for Design loads for Buildings and Structures [Dead load calculation]
- IS: 875 (part 2)-1987 – Code for practice for Design loads for Buildings and Structures [Live load calculation]
- IS: 875 (part 3)-1987 – Code for practice for Design loads for buildings and Structures [Wind load calculation]
- IS: 456-2000 for Plain and Reinforced Concrete code for practice (IV th Revision)
- IS: 1893-2002 – Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of structures [Seismic load calculation]
- IS: 13920-1993 –Ductile Detailing of Reinforced Concrete Structures subjected to seismic forces.
- ETABS – Integrated Building Design software manual by Computers and Structures Inc.
- Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures by Pankaj Aggarwal and Mr. Manish Shirkhande.
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures by Mr.Unnikrihna Pillai.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 10 | September-October 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-10-10
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 176-182
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841051
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Vanaparthi Paparao, Syed Rizwan, Dr. C. Rama Chandrudu, "A Study on the Analysis and Design of Commercial Building (G+9) Using Response Spectrum Method in ETABS", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp.176-182, September-October-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841051