Home > Archives > IJSRST1841054
An Insight into Free and Open Source Software
Authors(3) :-D. Sree Lakshmi, Dr. A. Sudhir Babu, A. Divya
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) is one in all the helpful tool that may build the globe self-dependent. It assists the look and use of people own software package. As the adoption of FOSS is quickly growing, some nations are mandating the employment of FOSS all told supervision sectors, whereas different countries are within the method of adopting FOSS methods. Additionally, several education establishments are implementing FOSS and have a competitive advantage over different establishments. These software package also are safer because the end users will report the threats or bugs to the developers and developers will update the software package to create it additional consistent for the long run users. The explanations of adopting FOSS are varying from one region to a different and from one establishment to a different. But the most obliges to the present strategy are total value possession, unengaged to build copies and distribute to others while not worrying of software package lawfulness, responsibility, accessibility, performance and security problems. This paper can offer an outline of what's free and open source software package and that can principally target its uses in varied fields with a number of its outcomes on our society. And also intend to provide some of the valuable details of FOSS.
D. Sree Lakshmi, Dr. A. Sudhir Babu, A. Divya
Free and Open Source Software, Selfdependent, Education Establishments.
- AbdallaShaame, KamalanathanShanmugam, and Ali Dehghantanha (2013) An Educational Framework for Free and Open SourceSoftware,International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 1, February 2013
- Raya Al-Hajri, Mrs. Ghada Al-Mukhaini, Mr. RajasekarRamalingam(2017) ADOPTION OF FREE AND OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE USING ALTERNATIVE EDUCATIONAL FRAMEWORK IN COLLEGE OF APPLIED SCIENCES, FREE AND OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE CONFERENCE (FOSSC-17) MUSCAT, FEBRUARY 14-15, 2017
- Analysis of the Impact of OpenSource Software
- Ambarkundu, Debashishswain, SitanathBiswas(2010), Application of Free and Open source software and its Impact on society, Ambar, Kundu et al. / (IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 1 (4) , 2010, 226-229
- Economic Impact of Free and Open Source Software – A Study in India, IIM Bangalore. This study is sponsored by Red Hat India Pvt. Ltd.
- Walt Scacchi (2010) The Future of Research in Free/Open Source Software Development,
- R. Gangadharan and Martin Butler (2012) Free and Open Source Software Adoption in Emerging Markets: An Empirical Study in the Education Sector, I. Hammouda et al. (Eds.): OSS 2012, IFIP ICT 378, pp. 244–249, 2012.© IFIP International Federation for Information Processing 2012
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 10 | September-October 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 183-191
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841054
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
D. Sree Lakshmi, Dr. A. Sudhir Babu, A. Divya, "An Insight into Free and Open Source Software", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp.183-191, September-October-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841054