Home > Archives > IJSRST1841055
X-ray Fluorescence Determination of Element Contents of Different Types of Raw Milk in Aljazeera Farms (Sudan)
Authors(3) :-Sara I. Elmahal, Ahmed H. Elfaki, Mubarak M. Ahmed
This study aims to identify the concentration of the chemical elements of different types of milk in Aljazeera Farms using X-ray Fluorescence, and to monitoring of the concentration of these elements for different dairy products of milk producers (quality control). Also study the effect of change in different temperatures on those elements. The study was conducted on 16 milk samples taken from four types of cattle (cow-camel- goat- sheep) in the Elnuba area of El?Jazeera governorate. The samples were heated at different temperatures (0, 30, 60, 100) °C using the X-ray fluorescence technique to detect the ratios of some milk constituents and the comparison of milk types. The results showed high calcium, iron and barium at temperature (0) °C, and low heating elements (30, 60, 100) °C in cow's milk. Calcium and manganese at )0( °C and low element ratios at 30, 60, 100 in camel milk, On iron, calcium and manganese at a temperature of (0) °C with a slight decrease of the rest of the elements at (30, 60, 100) °C in goats' milk. The milk of the sheep obtained the highest percentage of iron, calcium and manganese at (0) °C and the low percentage of elements at the level (30, 60, 100) °C, and comparing the types of milk with elements at different temperatures and low component ratios with the increase in heating. Temperature (0) °C for the containment of the highest ratios of the beneficial elements of the human body
Sara I. Elmahal, Ahmed H. Elfaki, Mubarak M. Ahmed
X-Ray Fluorescence, Aljazeera, Raw Milk, Elements.
- Galina Pashkova ,(2009),X-ray Fluorescence Determination of Element Contents in Milk and Dairy Products Article (PDF Available) in Food Analytical Methods 2(4):303-310 with 670 Reads DOI: 10.1007/s12161-009-9080-5.
- Alvarez M, Mazo-Gray V (1990) Determination of potassium and calcium in milk powder by EDXRF spectrometry. X-Ray Spectrum 19:285. doi:10.1002/xrs.1300190606.
- Crecelius EA (1975) Determination of total iodine in milk by x-ray fluorescence spectrometry and iodine electrode. Anal Chem 47(12):2034. Doi: 10.1021/ac60362a016.
- Nabrzyski M, Gajewska R (2002) Content of strontium, lithium and calcium in selected milk products and in some marine smoked fish. Nahrung 46(3):204. Doi: 10.1002/1521-3803(20020501) 46:3<204: AID-FOOD204>; 3.0.CO; 2-8.
- Santos PS, Maihara VA, Saiki M (2007) Determination of Br, Ca, Na,K, Fe, Rb, Se and Zn in milk formulas by INAA. International Nuclear Atlantic Conference—INAC 2007.
- Perring L, Blanc J (2008) faster measurement of minerals in milk powders: comparison of a high power wavelength dispersive XRFsystem with ICP-AES and potentiometry reference methods. Food Anal Methods 1(3):205. Doi: 10.1007/s12161-008-9030-7.
- Jason C. Chan and Peter T. Palmer, (2013), Determination of Calcium in Powdered Milk via X-ray Fluorescence Using External Standard and Standard Addition Based Methods, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California 94132, United States. Chem. Educ., 2013, 90 (9), pp. 1218–1221.
- A. Stankey, C. Akbulut, J.E. Romero, S. Govindasamy-Lucey, (2015), Evaluation of X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy as a method for the rapid and direct determination of sodium in cheese, Journal of Dairy Science 2015 98 (8), 5040-5051.
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) (1999). The technology of traditional milk products in developing countries. FAO Animal Production and Health Paper 85.Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy.pp. 333
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 51: 6488–6494Web of Science ®], Google Scholar].
- FAO/WHO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations/ World Health Organization) (2007). Milk and Milk Products. 1st edition, FAO/WHO of the United Nations, Rome, Italy.
- Mirzadeh KH, Masoudi A, Chaji M, Bojarpour M (2010). The Composition of Raw Milk Produced by Some Dairy Farms in Lord Egan Region of Iran. J. Anim. Vet. Adv.9 (11):1582-1583.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 10 | September-October 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 211-222
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841055
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sara I. Elmahal, Ahmed H. Elfaki, Mubarak M. Ahmed, "X-ray Fluorescence Determination of Element Contents of Different Types of Raw Milk in Aljazeera Farms (Sudan)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp.211-222, September-October-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841055