Home > Archives > IJSRST1841057
Data Security using 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm
Authors(2) :-Virdyra Tasril, Andysah Putera Utama Siahaan
The development of computer and telecommunications technology has experienced the significant change in progress. It can be seen that technology has become a necessity because technological advances can accomplish tasks quickly, accurately, and efficiently. In line with the development of these technologies, it increasingly changes the way people communicate. There needs to be security protection to protect data from the threat of wild parties. Cryptography is the right method to secure data. One method that can be used is the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). This method is an excellent classical cryptographic algorithm that can be used to identify data. AES algorithm is a symmetric ciphertext block that can encrypt and decrypt information quickly. Encryption changes data that can no longer be read called ciphertext; instead, decryption is changing the ciphertext data into the original form that we know as plaintext. The AES algorithm has several key models such as 128, 192, and 256 bits to encrypt and decrypt data on 128-bit message blocks. This study uses a 128-bit key. AES encryption results can be trusted as one of the fast and powerful encryption methods.
Virdyra Tasril, Andysah Putera Utama Siahaan
AES, Encryption, Decryption, Algorithm
- A Lubis dan A. P. U. Siahaan, "Network Forensic Application in General Cases," IOSR J. Comput. Eng., vol. 18, no. 6, hal. 41-44, 2016.
- W Stallings, Cryptography and Network Security Principles and Practices, 4th ed. Prentice Hall, 2005.
- V Tasril, M. B. Ginting, Mardiana, dan A. P. U. Siahaan, "Threats of Computer System and its Prevention," Int. J. Sci. Res. Sci. Technol., vol. 3, no. 6, hal. 448-451, 2017.
- Hariyanto dan A. P. U. Siahaan, "Intrusion Detection System in Network Forensic Analysis and," IOSR J. Comput. Eng., vol. 18, no. 6, hal. 115-121, 2016.
- H Ming dan S. LiZhong, "A New System Design of Network Invasion Forensics," in 2009 Second International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering, 2009, hal. 596-599.
- G Singh dan Supriya, "A Study of Encryption Algorithms (RSA, DES, 3DES and AES) for Information Security," Int. J. Comput. Appl., vol. 6, no. 19, hal. 33-38, 2013.
- J Daernen dan V. Rijrnen, The Design of Rijndael AES - The Advanced Encryption Standard. Berlin: Springer, 2002.
- A P. U. Siahaan, How to Code: Advanced Encryption Standard in C#. Medan: Fakultas Ekonomi Universitas Panca Budi, 2018.
- A Putera Utama Siahaan, E. Elviwani, dan B. Oktaviana, "Comparative Analysis of RSA and ElGamal Cryptographic Public-key Algorithms," in Proceedings of the Joint Workshop KO2PI and The 1st International Conference on Advance & Scientific Innovation, 2018.
- B. Forouzan, Cryptography and Network Security. New York, NY, USA: McGraw-Hill, 2006.
- Sukriadi Shafar, "Pengertian Dan Contoh Kriptografi dengan Proses Enkripsi dan Dekripsi," On Digital Forensics, 2016. [Daring]. Tersedia pada: http://ondigitalforensics.weebly.com/cryptography/pengertian-dan-contoh-kriptografi-dengan-proses-enkripsi-dan-dekripsi#.W7w6mxMzZZ0.
- Y. Kumar, R. Munjal, dan H. Sharma, "Comparison of Symmetric and Asymmetric Cryptography with Existing Vulnerabilities and Countermeasures," Int. J. Comput. Sci. Manag. Stud., vol. 11, no. 3, hal. 60-63, 2011.
- N. Aleisa, "A Comparison of the 3DES and AES Encryption Standards," Int. J. Secur. Its Appl., vol. 9, no. 7, hal. 241-246, Jul 2015.
- A. Arya dan M. Malhotra, "Effective AES Implementation.," Int. J. Electron. Commun. Eng. Technol., vol. 7, no. 1, hal. 01-09, 2016.
- S. S. Shirabadagi dan S. Nadagoud, "A new encryption methodology of aes algorithm using high speed s-box.," Int. J. Eng. Res. Electron. Commun. Eng., vol. 4, no. 7, hal. 37-42, 2017.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 10 | September-October 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 198-205
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841057
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Virdyra Tasril, Andysah Putera Utama Siahaan, "Data Security using 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp.198-205, September-October-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841057