Home > Archives > IJSRST184107
Comparative Analysis of Signal Strength in South-South Nigeria
Authors(3) :-Uzairue Stanley, Akpamu Jean, Olaitan Alashiri
Losses has become the major drawback that is being faced by telecommunication sector in Nigeria and the world at large. Many researchers have carried out several researches in this area using different methods. Empirical method was adopted in this research work because it involves the measurement of field data, RF signal tracker was installed in a mobile phone called Samsung galaxy pocket, and this software gave us the distance to site (base station) and the signal strength level of the network provider at a particular distance, cell ID etc. From data obtained, it was noticed that the calculation of path loss using log – distance model which is deterministic is not as accurate as the generated empirical model, the generated model gave a better and more accurate result than the existing ones. Model was developed to calculate the received signal strength in Ujoelem, Ekpoma Nigeria and the model was named "Uzairue model".
Uzairue Stanley, Akpamu Jean, Olaitan Alashiri
Path-loss, Signal Strength, Distance, Location, Model
- Anyasi Francis and Uzairue Stanley (2014) "Determination of GSM Signal Strength Level in Some Selected Location in EKPOMA’’ IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IOSR-JECE) Volume 9, PP 08-15
- Sharma, P.K. (2013) International journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol.2 (6), 2010, 2008-2013.
- Sharma, H.K. Sahu, S. and Sharma, S. (2011) "Enhanced Cost231 W.I. Propagation Model in Wireless Network" International Journal of Computer Applications, volume 19- No 6.
- Thiago, H, (2001), "A System For Propagation Analysis In Mobile Communication Environments" Institute Nacional De Telecommunicacoes, Voll. 04. No.2.
- Armoogum.V, Soyjaudah.K.M.S, Fogarty T. and MohamudallyN. (2007) "Comparative study of Path loss using existing models for Digital Television Broadcasting for Summer, Mauritius Vol. 4, pp 34-38,May Season in the north of Mauritius", Proceeding of Third Advanced IEEE International Conference on Telecommunication.
- Domazetovic, A. Greenstein, L. J. Mandayan, N. Seskar, I. (2002) "A New Modeling Approach for Wireless Channels With Predictable Path Geometries," IEEE Beh. Tech. Conf.
- Arne Schmitz and Martin Wenig (2008) "The Effect of the Radio Wave Propagation Model in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks" Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering And Technology Volume 36 December 2008 ISSN 2070-3740
- Saunders, S. (2000) "Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems", Wiley, 409
- Balogun, J. (2000) "Impact of GSM on Economy and Development"
- Rappaport, T. S. (2002)"Wireless Communications Principles and Practice", Prentice Hall
- Andrea Goldsmiths (2005) "Wireless Communications," Cambridge University Press, vol. 7, pp. 43-67
- Carlson, A. B. Crilly, P. B. Rutledge, J. C. (2002) "Communication Systems, An Introduction to Signal and Noise in Electrical Communication," 4th Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2002
- Remley, K. A. Anderson, H. R. Weisshar, A. (2000) "Improving the Accuracy of Ray-Tracing Techniques for Indoor Propagation Modeling," IEEE Trans. Veh. Tech., pp.2350-2358
- ITU (2009) "What Really is a Third Generation (3G) Mobile Technology" IEEE Vol.6,No 28 pp.57-87
- International Engineering Consortium (2005). Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM), IEEE Vol.5,No 23 pp.56-70
- W. Backman, Error Correction on Predicted Signal levels in Mobile Communications, master thesis, 2003
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 10 | September-October 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-09-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 36-43
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184107
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Uzairue Stanley, Akpamu Jean, Olaitan Alashiri, "Comparative Analysis of Signal Strength in South-South Nigeria", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp.36-43, September-October-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184107