Home > Archives > IJSRST18412
An Experimental Analysis on the Effects of Manufactured Sand on the Compressive Strength of Concrete
Authors(2) :-Dr. T. Siva Sankar Reddy, A. B. S. Dadapeer
Natural river sand is widely used as fine aggregates in preparation of conventional cement mortar. Due to extraction in excess, natural sand has become a scarce material and it has to be preserved. Manufactured sand (M-sand) has very high potential to replace the natural sand in preparation of cement mortar. This research paper presents a study on replacement of natural sand in cement mortar by M-sand at different percentages. Strength and workability characteristics of 1:6 cement mortar using natural sand and M-sand as fine aggregate at various replacement levels were evaluated and compared. The workability of the cement mortar increases with the increase in M-sand content up to certain level, whereas the strength increases with the increase of manufactured sand. Hence M-sand can be recommended for the replacement of natural river sand in cement mortar.
Dr. T. Siva Sankar Reddy, A. B. S. Dadapeer
M-Sand, Mortar, Workability
- Mahendra R Chitlange and Prakash S Pajgade (2010), "Strength Appraisal of
- Artificial Sand as Fine Aggregate", In SFRC Asian Research Publishing Network Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 5, pp. 34-38.
- Shanmugapriya T and Uma R N (2012), "Optimization of Partial Replacement of M-Sand By Natural Sand In High Performance Concrete With Silica Fume", International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Emerging Technologies, Vol. 2, pp. 73-80.
- Saeed Ahmad and Shahid Mahmood (2008), "Effects of Crushed And Natural
- Sand on The Properties of Fresh and Hardened Concrete", 33rd Conference on
- Our World In Concrete & Structures, Singapore, pp. 25-27
- Syam Prakash V (2007), "Ready Mixed Figure 1: Compressive Strength Of Concrete With Varying Proportion Of Manufacture Sand
- Int. J. Struct. & Civil Engg. Res. 2013 Nimitha Vijayaraghavan and A S Wayal, 2013 Concrete Using Manufactured Sand As Fine Aggregate", 32nd Conference.
- Gambhir M.L, "Concrete Manual", Dhanpat Rai & Co. (Pvt) Ltd., Educational and Technical Publishers, 1710, Nai Sarak, New Delhi-110 006.
- Sheety M.S, "Concrete Technology", S.Chand & Company Ltd., Ram Nagar, New Delhi-110 055.
- I.S 456 (2000), "Indian Standard code of practice for plain and reinforced concrete", Fourth revision, Bureau of Indian standards, Manak Bhavan, 9 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110 002, India.
- I.S 10262 (1982), "Recommended guidelines for concrete mix design", IFrst revision, Bureau of Indian standard, Manak Bhavan, 9 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110 002, India.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 54-60
Manuscript Number : IJSRST18412
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. T. Siva Sankar Reddy, A. B. S. Dadapeer, "An Experimental Analysis on the Effects of Manufactured Sand on the Compressive Strength of Concrete", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.54-60, January-February-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST18412