Home > Archives > IJSRST184125
The Dynamic Load Model for Medium Voltage Cascaded H-Bridge Multi-Level Inverter fed IM Drive System using Fuzzy Logic Controller
Authors(3) :-V. Raja Sekhar, S. Sridhar , B. Sree Bhavani
This paper proposes a detailed switching model for the medium voltage cascaded H-bridge multi level inverter drive and induction motor system using fuzzy logic controller which is suitable for power system dynamic studies. The model includes the aggregated effect of an MVD, an induction motor, and their control system, and thus, it can accurately represent the dynamic responses of the motor drive system under Disturbances. Voltage and frequency both are depended on system modelling. The efficiency of the model is varied by a case study. A sensitivity study is conducted to evaluate the impact of the model parameter variation on dynamic response characteristics. The developed detailed switching model using fuzzy logic controller can be readily inserted in the large-scale power system simulation software for power system dynamic studies.
V. Raja Sekhar, S. Sridhar , B. Sree Bhavani
Cascaded H-Bridge Multi-Level Inverter, Frequency Dependence, Load Model, Medium Voltage Drives (MVDs), Power System Dynamic Studies, Voltage Dependence.
- IEEE Task Force on Load Representation for Dynamic Performance, 'Load representation for dynamic performance analysis [of power systems],'IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 472_482, May 1993.
- IEEE Task Force on Load Representation for Dynamic Performance, 'Standard load models for power and dynamic performance simulation,'IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1302_1313, Aug. 1995.
- A. Merdassi, L. Gerbaud, and S. Bacha, 'A new automatic average modelling tool for power electronics systems,'in Proc. IEEE Power Electron.Specialists Conf. (PESC), Jun. 2008, pp. 3425_3431.
- J. Sun and H. Grotstollen, 'Averaged modelling of switching power converters: Reformulation and theoretical basis,'in Proc. IEEE 23rd Annu. Power Electron. Specialists Conf. (PESC), vol. 2. Jun./Jul. 1992, pp. 1165_1172.
- S. Cuk and R. D. Middlebrook, 'A general uni_ed approach to modeling switching-converter power stages,'in Proc. IEEE Annu. Power Electron. Specialists Conf. (PESC), Jun. 1976, pp. 18_31.
- A. Griffo, J. B. Wang, and D. Howe, 'State-space average modelling of 18-pulse diode recti_er,'in Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. Sci. Comput. Comput. Eng. (IC-SCCE), Jul. 2008, pp. 1_8.
- T. A. Meynard, M. Fadel, and N. Aouda, 'Modeling of multilevel converters,'IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 356_364, Jun. 1997.
- A. Uan-Zo-li, R. P. Burgos, F. Lacaux, F. Wang, and D. Boroyevich, 'Assessment of multipulse converter average models for stability studies using a quasistationary small-signal technique,'in Proc. 4th Int. Power Electron. Motor Control Conf., vol. 3. Aug. 2004, pp. 1654_1658.
- S. Rosado, R. Burgos, F. Wang, and D. Boroyevich, 'Large- and small signal evaluation of average models for multi-pulse diode recti_ers,'in Proc. IEEE Workshops Comput. Power Electron. (COMPEL), Jul. 2006,pp. 89_94.
- A. Emadi, A. Khaligh, C. H. Rivetta, and G. A. Williamson, 'Constant power loads and negative impedance instability in automotive systems: De_nition, modeling, stability, and conrol of power electronic converters and motor drives,'IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1112_1125, Jul. 2006.
- P. C. Krause, O. Wasynczuk, and S. D. Sudhoff, Analysis of Electric Machinery and Drive Systems, 2nd ed. Piscataway, NJ, USA: IEEE Press, 2002.
- S. A. Y. Sabir and D. C. Lee, 'Dynamic load models derived from date acquired during system transients,'IEEE Trans. Power App. Syst.,
- vol. PAS-101, no. 9, pp. 3365_3372, Sep. 1982.
- T. Omata and K. Uemura, 'Effects of series impedance on power system load dynamics,'IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1070_1077, Aug. 1999.
- F. T. Dai, J. V. Milanovic, N. Jenkins, and V. Roberts, 'Development of a dynamic power system load model,'in Proc. 7th Int. Conf. AC-DC Power Transmiss., Nov. 2001, pp. 344_349.
- X. Liang and W. Xu, 'Modeling variable frequency drive and motor systems in power systems dynamic studies,'in Proc. IEEE Ind. Appl. Soc. (IAS) Annu. Meeting, Oct. 2013, pp. 1_11.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 139-150
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184125
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
V. Raja Sekhar, S. Sridhar , B. Sree Bhavani, "The Dynamic Load Model for Medium Voltage Cascaded H-Bridge Multi-Level Inverter fed IM Drive System using Fuzzy Logic Controller", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.139-150, January-February-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184125