Home > Archives > IJSRST184129
Assessment of Ground Water Quality in the City of Mahesana City, Gujarat, India
Authors(2) :-D. N. Joshi, M. C. Limbachiya
Groundwater is one of an important source of water for the people in the city. The chemical parameters of groundwater play a significant role in classifying and assessing water quality. Groundwater samples were collected from 5 stations representing the whole city during summer of year 2014 and were analyzed for different physico-chemical parameters i.e. pH, Electrical Conductivity (EC), Total Dissolved Solid (TDS), Total Hardness, Total Alkalinity, Turbidity, Phosphate, Sulphate . The results were compared with the limits set by WHO and BIS.
D. N. Joshi, M. C. Limbachiya
Groundwater, Water Quality WHO, BIS
- Abdul Jameel A. (2002Evaluation of Drinking Water Quality in Tiruchirapali. Indian J. Of Env.Health.44:108-112
- Anonymous (2009aGroundwater; http//en.Wikipedia.ORG/WIKI/GROUDWATER
- Anonymous (2009bGroundwater Foundation, sources of Groundwater contamination. http//www.groundwater.org/gi/sourceogconta in.html
- APHA (1995). Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater,American Public Health Association
- Aramini J.M. McLean M., WilsonJ., Holt J., Copes R., Allen B and Sears W 2009 (2009Drinking Water Quality and Healthcare Utilization for Gastrointestinal Illness in greater Vancouver. Environmental and workplace Health reports and Publications
- BIS (1998Indian Standard Specification for Drinking Water IS10500, Bureau of Indian standards, New Delhi India.
- Bruvold W.H and Pangborn R.M (1966Rated acceptability of mineral taste in water J.Appl.Psychol 50(1):22
- Burston M.W, Nazaari M.M, Bishop K.P and Lerner D.N (1993Pollution of Groundwater in the Covendry Region (UKby Chlorinated Hydrocarbon solvents. J.Hydro. 149:137-161
- Chandra R., Bahadur Y., And Sharma B.K 2000 Monitoring of Water Quality of River Ramganga at Bareilly. In (Trivedy, R.K. edPollution and Biomonitoring of Indian Rivers, ABD Pub. Jaipur 260-297.
- Chatterjee C and Alokkumar De (2008Impact of Anthropogenic Activities on Drinking Water Quality: A Case study in Raniganj Coalfield Area (W.B). Nature and Environment and Pollution of the water before Toxicology 7 (3): 451-459
- Clark J.W., Viessman W and Hammer M.J (1977Water supply and pollution control. 3rd edition, Harper & Row Publishers, New York
- Data 360 (2010Average water use per person per day.Available: http//www.data 360 org/.dsg.aspx?Data_Set_Group_Id=757.
- Gleck P.H and Palaniappan M. (2010Peak water limits to Fresh Water with drawl and use pnas 1004812107/PNAS/Vol.107(25):11155- 11162
- Golterman H.L (1976Physiological Limnology p-489 .Elsy,Sci Publ.London.
- Hunter PR, MacDonald AM, Carter RC (2010Water Supply and Health. PluoS Med 7(11):e1000361,dol:101371/journal.pmed.100 0361
- Lorraine Backe C. (2000Assessing the acute gastrointestinal effects of ingesting naturally occurring, high levels of sulphates in drinking water. Clinical Laboratory Sciences 37(4):389-400
- Maruthi Devi Ch and Madhuri T.W. (2011Study on Groundwater Quality in Prakasam District and its Suitability for Drinking.Nature and Environment and Pollution Toxicology 10(3):481-483
- Rajmohan N (2003Major Correlation in Groundwater of Kanchepuram Region, South India Indian J. Env. Health, 45:1-5
- Sirkar A.G. etal (1996J IWWA ,oct-Dec,1996,215-220
- Trivedy R.K and Goel P.K. (1986Chemical and Biological Methods for Water Pollution Studies. Environmental Publications, karad, India
- Vasanthy M, Geetha A, Jeganathan M and Anitha A (2009A Study Of Drinking Water Quality in Ariyalur Area, Tamil Nadu, India 8 (2):253-256
- World Health Organization. 2004. WHO Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality(3rd edition). Geneva, Switzerland
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 2 | May-June 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-07-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 129-131
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184129
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
D. N. Joshi, M. C. Limbachiya, "Assessment of Ground Water Quality in the City of Mahesana City, Gujarat, India", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp.129-131, May-June-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184129