Home > Archives > IJSRST18413
The Synthesis of Graphene as Fast and Considerable Removal of Dye Pollutant from Aqueous Solution
Authors(2) :-K. M. Sarode, D. R. Patil
In the present study, the graphene nanosheets (RGO) were synthesized via improved Hummer’s method followed by chemical reduction in hydrazine hydrate. The reduction of graphene oxide (GO) to graphene by gelatin was confirmed by scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, Raman spectroscopy and UV-Vis absorption spectroscopy. The application of the RGO materials as an adsorbent for the removal of the organic dye, methylene blue (MB) from aqueous solutions was investigated. The RGO exhibited excellent removal capabilities for MB (99 %) due to adsorption through strong π-π stacking and anion-cation interactions as well as the large specific surface area. The results demonstrated that RGO could be applied in treating contaminated natural water.
K. M. Sarode, D. R. Patil
Reduced Graphene Oxide, Methylene Blue; Adsorption.
- S.D. Richardson, S. Y. Kimura, Anal. Chem. 88 (2016) 546-582.
- D. Mohan, A. Sarswat, Y.S. Ok, C.U. Pittman Jr, Bioresource Tech. 160 (2014) 191- 202.
- A. Ahmad, S.H. Mohd-Setapar, S.C. Chou, A. Khatoon, W.A. Wani, R. Kumar, M.
- Rafatullah, RSC Adv. 5 (2015) 30801-30818.
- I. Ali, Chem. Rev. 112 (2012) 5073-5091.
- E. Alventosa-deLara, S. Barredo-Damas, M.I. Alcaina-Miranda, M.I. Iborra-Clar, J.Hazard. Mater. 209-210 (2012) 492-500.
- K. Sarayu, S. Sandhya, Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 167 (2012) 645-661.
- V. Mezzanotte, R. Fornaroli, S. Canobbio, L. Zoia, M. Orlandi, Chemosphere 91(2013)629-634.
- C. Chen, W. Ma, J. Zhao, Chem. Soc. Rev. 39 (2010) 4206-4219.
- L. Wang, J. Hazard Mater. 171 (2009) 577-581.
- Kanika Gupta, Om P. Khatri, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 501 (2017) 11-21
- Jia-JieHan, DongSu, Zhi-HaoZhao, XiaoYan , Ceramics International. 43 (2017) 9024- 903.
- E.Menya, P.W.Olupot, H.Storz, M.Lubwama,Y.Kiros, Chemical Engineering Research and design.129(2017) 271-296.
- George Z.Kyzas, Eleni A.Deliyanni, Dimitrios N.Bikiaris, Athanasios C.Mitropoulos,chemical engineering Research and Design. 129 (2018) 75-88.
- D. C. Marcano, D. V. Kosynkin, J. M. Berlin, A. Sinitskii, Z. Sun, A. Slesarev, L. B. Alemany, W. Lu, J. M. Tour, Improved synthesis of graphene oxide. (2010).
- S. Stankovich, D. A. Dikin, R. D. Piner, K. A. Kohlhaas, A. Kleinhammes, Y. Jia, Y. Wu, . S. T. Nguyen, R. S. Ruoff, (2007) carbon 45, 1558-1565.
- Hummers WS, Offeman RE. Preparation of graphitic oxide. J Am Chem Soc, (1958) 80(6):1339.?
- Songfeng Pei, Hui-Ming Cheng, Carbon,Volume 50, Issue 9,( 2012), Pages 3210-3228.
- Z. Wang, T. Chen, W. X. Chen, K. Chang, L. Ma, G. C. Huang, D. Y. Chen and J. Y. Lee, J. Mater. Chem. A,(2013), 1, 2202.
- X. Zhang, D. Liu, L. Yang, L. Zhou, J. Mater. Chem. A, 3 (2015) 10031-10037.
- Kanika Guptaa,b and Om P. Khatri, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science,501, (2017),Pages 11-21.
- Han KimQ1a, Sung-Oong Kang a, Sungyoul Q2 Park b, Ho Seok Park, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry,( 2014).
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 61-64
Manuscript Number : IJSRST18413
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
K. M. Sarode, D. R. Patil, "The Synthesis of Graphene as Fast and Considerable Removal of Dye Pollutant from Aqueous Solution", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.61-64, January-February-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST18413