Home > Archives > IJSRST1841306
Investigation on Security Challenges over a Cloud Computing
Authors(2) :-Paladi Bhavani ,Cholleti Jyothi
Cloud computing is a better option for the organizations to take as their best option without any initial investment and day by day frequent and heavy use of cloud computing is increasing but despite all the benefits a cloud offers to an organization there are certain doubts and threats regarding the security issues associated with a cloud computing platform. The security issues mostly involve the external control over organizational structure and management and personal and private data of the organization can be compromised. Personal and private data in this computing environment has a very high risk of breach of confidentiality, integrity and data availability. Progression of cloud computing is mainly vulnerable due to these security concerns and challenges. This detailed study discusses about some of the challenges associated with cloud computing services and security issues related to this platform.
Paladi Bhavani ,Cholleti Jyothi
Cloud Computing, Security, Integrity, Hybrid Cloud
- P. Mell and T. Grance, "The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing," US Nat'l Inst. of Science and Technology, 2011; http://csrc.nist.gov/ publications/nistpubs/800-145/SP800-145.pdf.
- "Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing", Cloud Security Alliance, Dec. 2009; https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/ csaguide.pdf.
- T. Ristenpart et al., "Hey, You, Get Off of My Cloud! Exploring Information Leakage in Third-Party Compute Clouds," Proc. 16th ACM Conf. Computer and Communications Security (CCS 09), ACM Press, 2009, pp. 199–212.
- Bisong, A. and Rahman, S.S.M. (2011), "An Overview of the Security Concerns in Enterprise Cloud Computing", International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications, 3(1), 30-45. doi:10.5121/ijnsa.2011.3103.
- Kuyoro, S.O., Ibikunle, F. and Awodele, O. (2011), "Cloud Computing Security Issues and Challenges", International Journal of Computer Networks, 3(5), 247-255.
- Ogigau-Neamtiu, F. (2012), "Cloud Computing Security Issues", Journal of Defense Resource Management, 3(2), 141-148.
- Petre, R. (2012), "Data mining in Cloud Computing", Database Systems Journal, 3(3), 67-71.
- Qaisar, S. and Khawaja, K.F. (2012), "Cloud Computing: Network/Security Threats and Countermeasures", Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 3(9), 1323-1329.
- Rashmi, Sahoo, G. and Mehfuz, S. (2013), "Securing Software as a Service Model of Cloud Computing: Issues and Solutions", International Journal on Cloud Computing: Services and Architecture, 3(4), 1-11. Doi: 10.5121/ijccsa.2013.3401.
- Singh, S. and Jangwal, T. (2012), "Cost breakdown of Public Cloud Computing and Private Cloud Computing and Security Issues", International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology, 4(2), 17-31.
- Suresh, K.S. and Prasad, K.V. (2012), "Security Issues and Security Algorithms in Cloud Computing", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 2(10), 110-114.
- Youssef, A.E. (2012), "Exploring Cloud Computing Services and Applications", Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, 3(6), 838-847.
- J. Brodkin. (2008, Jun.), "Gartner: Seven cloud-computing security risks", Infoworld, Available: <http://www.infoworld.com/d/security-central/gartner-seven-cloudcomputingsecurity- risks-853?page=0,1> [Mar. 13, 2009].
- S. Ramgovind, M. M. Eloff, E. Smith, "The Management of Security in Cloud Computing", In PROC 2010 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing 2010.
- S. Arnold (2009, Jul.), "Cloud computing and the issue of privacy", KM World, pp14-22. Available: www.kmworld.com [Aug. 19, 2009].
- A Platform Computing Whitepaper, "Enterprise Cloud Computing: Transforming IT." Platform Computing, pp6, 2010.
- Global Netoptex Incorporated, "Demystifying the cloud. Important opportunities, crucial choices." pp4-14. Available: http://www.gni.com [Dec. 13, 2009].
- C. Weinhardt, A. Anandasivam, B. Blau, and J. Stosser, "Business Models in the Service World." IT Professional, vol. 11, pp. 28-33, 2009.
- M.Carroll, A.Van der Merwe, P.Kotze, "Secure cloud computing: Benefits, risks and controls", Information Security South Africa (ISSA), pp. 1-9, September 2011.
- S. Subashini, V. Kavitha, "A survey on security issues in service delivery models of cloud computing", Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, Issue 1, pp. 1-11, July 2010.
- D. Zissis, D. Lekkas, "Addressing cloud computing security issues", Future Generation Computer Systems, 2011.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, "NIST Cloud Computing Program, 2010", <http://www.nist.gov/itl/cloud/> [Accessed on: 18 October 2011].
- Grobauer, T. Walloschek, E. Stocker, "Understanding Cloud Computing Vulnerabilities, Security & Privacy", IEEE, vol. 9, Issue 2, pp. 50-57, March 2011.
- F. Gens. (2009, Feb.). "New IDC IT Cloud Services Survey: Top Benefits and Challenges", IDC eXchange, Available: <http://blogs.idc.com/ie/?p=730> [Feb. 18, 2010]. (http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/15/ipad-breach- personal-data/).
- Mr. M. VEERABRAHMA CHARY, Mrs.N.SUJATHA," A Novel Additive Multi-Keyword Search for Multiple Data Owners in Cloud Computing ." International Journal of Computer Engineering In Research Trends., vol.3, no.6, pp. 308-313, 2016.
- G.Lucy, D.Jaya Narayana Reddy, R.Sandeep Kumar," Enabling Fine-grained Multi-keyword Search Supporting Classified Sub-dictionaries over Encrypted Cloud Data." International Journal of Computer Engineering In Research Trends., vol.2, no.12, pp. 919- 923, 2015.
- G.Dileep Kumar, A.Sreenivasa Rao," PrivacyPreserving Public Auditing using TPA for Secure Searchable Cloud Storage data." International Journal of Computer Engineering In Research Trends., vol.2, no.11, pp. 767-770, 2015.
- N. Meghasree, U.Veeresh, Dr.S.Prem Kumar," Multi Cloud Architecture to Provide Data Privacy and Integrity." International Journal of Computer Engineering In Research Trends., vol.2, no.9, pp. 558- 564, 2015.
- P.FARZANA, A.HARSHAVARDHAN," Integrity Auditing for Outsourced Dynamic Cloud Data with Group User Revocation." International Journal of Computer Engineering In Research Trends., vol.2, no.11, pp. 877-881, 2015.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 1374-1380
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841306
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Paladi Bhavani ,Cholleti Jyothi , "Investigation on Security Challenges over a Cloud Computing", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.1374-1380, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841306