Home > Archives > IJSRST1841311
Packet Classification Using Bit-Vector Algorithm In Network And Security Systems
Authors(2) :-P. Amrutha Varshini, Dr. R. Murugadoss
Packet classifiers are exhaustively engaged for various network models in distinctive types of network system such as Firewalls and Router. Comprehending the actual accomplishment of endorsed packet classifiers is essential for both algorithm designers as well as clients. We employ capabilities is verification and take new authorization in the communications. All these innovations make packet classification owning good effects in attacking scenario. We develop two efficient GPGPU based parallel packet classification method to filter packets by leveraging thousands of threads. The expeditious improvement of hardware architectures and burgeoning popularity of multi core multi threaded processors decision tree based packet classification algorithms such as Hi Cuts and Hyper Cuts are grabbing considerable attention outstanding to security in satisfying miscellaneous industrial requirements for network and security systems. We propose a new packet classification to supports high scalability and fast classification results by using Bloom Filter. Bloom uses to sustain high throughput by using Longest Prefix Matching (LPM) algorithm. We propose a methodology is enables linear search based systems with jump semantics to take advantage of the superior matching performance of decision tree algorithms without the need to touch the underlying system implementation. A high speed packet classification based on Bit-Vector (BV) based architecture implemented on FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) is proposed stride BV is the algorithm introduced modularized to achieve better scalability than BV traditional methods. The performance of the packet classification subsystem is of paramount importance for the collective success of the network routers.
P. Amrutha Varshini, Dr. R. Murugadoss
Packet Classification; Decision Tree Algorithms, Network Security; Capabilities; Filter, TSS; Bit Vector; Hyper Cuts; Hi Cuts; Dim Cut, Intrusion Detection, High Speed Networks, Distributed Architecture, Scalability.
- D.E.Taylor,"Survey and taxonomy of packet classification techniques," ACM Computing Surveys,vol.37,iss.3,pp.238- 275,Sep.2005,doi:10.1145/1108956.1108958
- P.Gupta & N.McKeown,"Packet Classification Using Hierarchical Intelligent Cuttings",in Proceedings of IEEE Symp.High Performance Interconnects (HotI),7,1999.
- B.Vamanan,G.Voskuilen&T.N.Vijaykumar,"EffiCuts: optimizing packet classification for memory and throughput",in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM 2010 conference on SIGCOMM,New Delhi,India,2010
- D.E.T aylor,Survey and taxonomy of packet classification techniques,ACM Comput.Surv.37(3) (2005) 238-275.
- A.Nottingham and B.I rwin,Parallel packet classification using GPU co-processors,SAICSIT Conf.ACM,(2010),pp.231-24.
- M.Roesch,Snort - L ightweight intrusion detection for networks,in Proc.the 13th USENIX Conference on System Administration,(1999),pp.229-238.
- Thilan Ganegedara,Weirong Jiang,and Viktor K.Prasanna,"A Scalable and Modular Architecture for High-Performance Packet Classification," IEEE Trans on parallel and distributed systems,vol.25,no.5,pp.1135-1144,MAY 2014.
- T.V.Lakshman and D.Stiliadis,"High-Speed Policy-Based Packet Forwarding Using Efficient Multi-Dimensional Range Matching,SIGCOMM Comput.Commun.Rev.,vol.28,no.4,pp.203-214,Oct,1998.
- H.Song and J.W.Lockwood,"Efficient Packet Classification for Network Intrusion Detection Using FPGA,in Proc.ACM/SIGDA 13th Int?l Symp.FPGA,2005,pp.238-245.
- W.Eatherton,G.Varghese,and Z.Dittia,"Tree Bitmap: Hardware/ Software IP Lookups with Incremental Updates,SIGCOMM Comput.Commun.Rev.,vol.34,no.2,pp.97-122,Apr.2004.
- H.Lim,N.Lee,G.Jin,J.Lee,Y.Choi,and C.Yim,Boundary Cutting for Packet Classification,vol.22,no.2,pp.443-456,April 2014)
- N.Kothari and S.E.Pawar,Packet Classification based on Boundary Cutting analysis by using Bloom Filters,ISSN: 2321-8169,Volume 3,Issue 7,July 2015.
- Wooguil Pak and Young-June Choi,High Performance and High Scalable Packet Classification Algorithm for Network Security Systems,IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing,2015.
- LU Zhi-Jun,ZHENG Jing,HUANG Hao.A Distributed Real-Time Intrusion Detection System for High-Speed Network.Journal of Computer Research and Development,2004,41(4):667-673.
- Tarek Abbes,Alakesh Haloi,Michaël Rusinowitch.High Performance Intrusion Detection using Traffic Classification.Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Advances in Intelligent Systems (AISTA2004),Luxembourg ,Nov 2004.
- T.Abbes,A.Bouhoula,and M.Rusinowitch.A traffic classification algorithm for intrusion detection.In AINA Workshops (1),pages 188-193,2007.
- O.Erdem,H.Le,V.K.Prasanna.Hierarchical Hybrid Search Structure for High Performance Packet Classification.In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM,Mar.2012.
- Chen Bing,Pan Yuke,Ding Qiulin.A Heuristic Lookup Partition Algorithm for Packet Classification.Journal of Electronics & Information Technology,2009,31(7) pp.1594-1599.
- A.Nottingham and B.Irw in,GPU packet classification using OpenCL: a co nsideration of viable classification methods.In Proc.SAICSIT Conf.ACM.,(2010),pp.160- 169.
- M.LCharalambous,P.Trancoso and A.Stamatakis,Initial Experiences Porting a Bioinformatics Application to a G raphics Processor,In Proc.the 10th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics,2005,pp.415-425.
- J.D.Owens,D.Luebke,N.Govindaraju,M.Harris,J.Krüger,A.E.Lefohn and T.Purcell,A Survey of General-Purpose Computation on Graphics Hardware,Computer Graphics Forum,26 (2007),pp.80-113.
- C.L.Hung and G.J.Hua,Local Alignment Tool Based on Hadoop Framework and GPU Architecture,Biomed Research International,2014 (2014),Article ID 541490.
- S.Dharmapurikar,H.Song,J.Turner,J.Lockwood,-Fast packet classification using Bloom filters,in: Proc.of ANCS,2006,pp.61-70.
- A.G.Alagu Priya and H.Lim,-Hierarchical packet classification using a Bloom filter and rule-priority tries,Comput.Commun.,vol.33,no.10,pp.1215-1226,Jun.2010.
- H.A.J.Sistani,S.P.Amin,and H.Acharya,-Packet classification algorithm based on geometric tree by using Recursive Dimensional Cutting (DimCut),vol.2,no.8,pp.31-39,August2013.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 24-28
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841311
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
P. Amrutha Varshini, Dr. R. Murugadoss, "Packet Classification Using Bit-Vector Algorithm In Network And Security Systems", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.24-28, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841311