Home > Archives > IJSRST1841313
A Probabilistic Path Measurement Approach for Identifying Node Issues in Network Topologies
Authors(2) :-G. Navya, Maddali M. V. M. Kumar
Distinguishing the occurrence and location of performance analysis is difficult to guaranteeing the effective operation of system infrastructures. In this paper, we introduce a structure for detecting and localizing performance irregularities in light of utilizing a dynamic test empowered measurement framework deployed on the periphery of a network organization. Boolean system tomography is an effective tool to infer the state (working/cancelled) of individual hubs from path level calculations extracted by edge-hubs. We think about the issue of optimizing the ability of recognizing system failures through the implementation of monitoring methods. Finding an ideal solution is NP-hard and an expansive group of work has been given to heuristic methodologies giving lower bounds. Dissimilar to past works, we give upper bounds on the highest number of identifiable hubs, given the number of monitoring paths and various constraints on the system topology, the routing methodology, what’s more, the highest path length. The proposed upper bounds describes to a major limit on the identify ability of failures by means of Boolean system tomography. This investigation gives experiences on the most proficient method to design topologies and related monitoring schemes to accomplish the highest identify ability under different network settings. Through investigation and experiments, we show the tightness of the bounds and viability of the design insights of knowledge for engineered and genuine networks.
G. Navya, Maddali M. V. M. Kumar
Network Tomography; Node Failure Localization; Identify ability Condition; Maximum Identifiability
- P. Barford,J. Kline,D. Plonka,and A. Ron,"A Signal Analysis of Network Traffic Anomalies," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Workshop,November 2002.
- A. Lakhina,M. Crovella,and C. Diot,"Diagnosing Network-wide Traffic Anomalies," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM ’04,August 2004.
- A. Hussain,J. Heidemann,and C. Papadopoulos,"A Framework for Classifying Denial of Service Attacks," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM ’03,August 2003.
- M. Roesch,"Snort - Lightweight Intrusion Detection," in Proceedings of USENIX LISA ’99,November 1999.
- "Cisco IOS IP SLAs," http://www.cisco.com/go/ipsla,2009.
- Y. Bejerano and R. Rastogi,"Robust Monitoring of Link Delays and Faults in IP Networks," in Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM ’03,April 2003.
- A. Dhamdhere,R. Teixeira,C. Dovrolis,and C. Diot,"NetDiagnoser: Troubleshooting network unreachabilities using end-to-end probes and routing data," in Proceedings of ACM CoNEXT ’07,December 2007.
- Ravi TejaGottipati and Maddali M.V.M. Kumar,"Secure Data Aggregation Technique in the Existence of Conspiracy Attacks using WSN," in International Journal of Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology,vol. 4,no. 3,pp. 792-797,March 2016.
- N. Spring,R. Mahajan,and D. Wetherall,"Measuring ISP Topologies with Rocketfuel," in Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM ’02,August 2002.
- H. Zeng,P. Kazemian,G. Varghese,and N. McKeown,"Automatic test packet generation," in ACM CoNEXT,2012.
- Maddali M.V.M.Kumar and Dr. AparnaChaparala,"Dynamic Energy Efficient Distance Aware Protocol for the Cluster Head Selection in the Wireless Sensor Networks," in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on RTEICT,2017,pp. 147-150,DOI: 10.1109/RTEICT.2017.8256575.
- H. Nguyen and P. Thiran,"The boolean solution to the congested IP link location problem: Theory and practice," in IEEE INFOCOM,2007.
- A. Dhamdhere,R. Teixeira,C. Dovrolis,and C. Diot,"Netdiagnoser: Troubleshooting network unreachabilities using end-to-end probes and routing data," in ACM CoNEXT,2007.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 5 | March-April 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 29-35
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1841313
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
G. Navya, Maddali M. V. M. Kumar, "A Probabilistic Path Measurement Approach for Identifying Node Issues in Network Topologies", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 5, pp.29-35, March-April-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1841313