Home > Archives > IJSRST184137
Contemporary Relevance of the Educational Philosophy of Maria Montessori
Education is the most important and powerful instrument invented by mankind to shape and mould he in a desirable manner. Any modification brought about in the behaviour of an individual, as a result of his interaction with the environment, constitutes learning. The history of the world proves that education has been the root cause for any change which takes place in the social, cultural, spiritual, political and economic aspects of human life. It is education, which not only transforms the human animal into a rational human being, but also prepares and develops him to survive and adjust with surrounding so as to lead his personal as well as social life successfully.
Contemporary Relevance, Educational Philosophy, Maria Montessori
- Besan?on, M. & Lubart, T. (2007). Differences in the development of creative competencies in children schooled in diverse learning environments. Learning and Individual Differences, 18, 391?399
- Blank, J. (2009). Situated in school scripts: Contextual early childhood teaching. Teaching and Teacher Education, 25, 251?258.
- Bone, J., Cullen, J., & Loveridge, J.(2007). Everyday spirituality: Anaspect of the holistic curriculum inaction. Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood, 8(4), 344?354.
- Capps, D. (2008). Mother, melancho-lia, and humor in Erik H. Erikson’s earliest writings. Journal of Religion and Health, 47, 415?432.
- Cossentino, J. (2005). Ritualizing expertise: A non-Montessorian view of the Montessori Method.
- American Journal of Education, 111 (2), 211?244.
- Dohrmann, K., Nishida, T., Gartner, A., Lipsky, D., & Grimm, K. (2007).High school outcomes for students in a public Montessori program.? Journal of Research in Childhood Education, 22 (2), 205?217.
- Ravi, Samual (2011).A Comprehensive Study Of Education. New Delhi.
- Bhatia & Bhatia, B.D.&K (1992).The Principles and Methods of Teaching. Nai Sarak, Delhi. Montessori, Maria.?
- Montessori, Maria (1948). The Discovery of the Child. Madras: Kalkshetra Publications Press.
- Montessori, Maria (1949). The Absorbent Mind. Madras: Theosophical Publishing House.
- Montessori, Maria (1914). Dr. Montessori's Own Handbook. New York: Frederick A. Stokes Company.
- Montessori, Maria (1912). The Montessori Method. New York: Frederick A. Stokes Company.
- Montessori, Maria (1936). The Secret of Childhood. New York: Longmans, Green.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 73-75
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184137
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Pratima, "Contemporary Relevance of the Educational Philosophy of Maria Montessori", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.73-75, January-February-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184137