Home > Archives > IJSRST184141
An Analytical Study on Privacy Preserving Data Publishing using Generalization and Suppression
Authors(1) :-Meeta B. Fadnavis
These days, information sharing as an imperative part shows up in our vision, realizing a mass of dialogs about strategies and systems of privacy preserving data publishing which are viewed as solid assurance to keep away from information exposure and ensure people's privacy. Late work concentrates on proposing diverse anonymity calculations for shifting data publishing situations to fulfill privacy prerequisites, and keep data utility in the meantime. K-anonymity has been proposed for privacy preserving data publishing, which can avoid linkage attacks by the methods for anonymity operation, for example, generalization and suppression. Various anonymity calculations have been used for accomplishing k-anonymity. This paper gives an outline of the advancement of privacy preserving data publishing, which is confined to the extent of anonymity calculations utilizing generalization and suppression. The privacy preserving models for attack is presented at first. A diagram of a few anonymity operations take after behind. The most vital part is the scope of anonymity calculations and information metric which is fundamental element of calculations. The conclusion and point of view are proposed at long last.
Data Publishing, Privacy Preserving, Anonymity Algorithms, Information Metric, Generalization, Suppression
- M. S. Wolf, C. L. Bennett, Local perspective of the impact of the HIPAA privacy rule on research, Cancer-Philadelphia Then Hoboken, 106, 474-479 (2006).
- Johannes Gehrke, Models and methods for privacypreserving data publishing and analysis, In Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 105, (2006).
- B. Fung, K. Wang, R. Chen, P. Yu, Privacy-preserving data publishing: A survey of recent developments, ACM Computing Surveys, 42, 1-53 (2010).
- L. Sweeney, K-anonymity: A model for protecting privacy, International Journal on Uncertainty, Fuzziness, and Knowledge-based Systems, 10, 557-570 (2002).
- Dewri R., k-anonymization in the presence of publisher preferences, Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions, 23, 1678-1690 (2011).
- Nergiz M. E., Multirelational k-anonymity, Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions, 21, 1104-1117 (2009).
- Jiuyong Li, Wong, R. C. W. Wai-chee Fu, A., Jian Pei, Transaction anonymization by local recoding in data with attribute hierarchical taxonomies, Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions, 20, 1181-1194 (2008).
- Tamir Tassa, Arnon Mazza, k-Concealment: An Alternative Model of k-Type Anonymity, Transactions on Data Privacy, 189-222 (2013).
- Dalenius T., Towards a methodology for statistical disclosure control, Statistik Tidskrift, 15, 429-444 (1977).
- Ahmed Abdalaal, Mehmet Ercan Nergiz, Yucel Saygin, Privacy-preserving publishing of opinion polls, Computers & Security, 143-154 (2013).
- Machanavajjhala A., Gethrke J., Kifer D., Venkitasubramaniam M., l-diversity: Privacy beyond kanonymity, In Proceedings of the 22nd IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 24, (2006).
- Ke Wang, Benjamin C. M. Fung, Anonymizing sequential releases, In Proceedings of the 12th ACM SIGKDD Conference, 414-423 (2006).
- Raymond Chi-Wing Wong, Jiuyong Li, Ada Wai-Chee Fu, KeWang, (a, k)-anonymity: An enhanced k-anonymity model for privacy preserving data publishing, In Proceedings of the 12th ACM SIGKDD, 754-759 (2006).
- Qing Zhang, Koudas N., Srivastava D., Ting Yu, Aggregate query answering on anonymized tables, In Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 116-125 (2007).
- Ninghui Li, Tiancheng Li, Venkatasubramanian S., tcloseness: privacy beyond k-anonymity and l-diversity, In Proceedings of the 21st IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 106-115 (2007).
- Xiaokui Xiao, Yufei Tao, Personalized privacy preservation, In Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD Conference, 229-240 (2006).
- Mehmet Ercan Nergiz, Maurizio Atzori, Chris Clifton,Hiding the presence of individuals from shared databases, In Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD Conference, 665-676 (2007).
- Chawla S., Dwork C.,Mcshrry F., Smith A.,Wee H., Toward privacy in public databases, In Proceedings of the Theory of Cryptography Conference (TCC), 363-385 (2005).
- Dwork C., Differential privacy, In Proceedings of the 33rd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming (ICALP), 1-12 (2006).
- Rastogi V., Suciu D., Hong S., The boundary between privacy and utility in data publishing, In Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), 531-542 (2007).
- Blum A., Ligett K., Roth A., A learning theory approach to non-interactive database privacy, In Proceedings of the 40th Natural Sciences Publishing Cor.
- Appl. Math. Inf. Sci. 8, No. 3, 1103-1116 (2014)/www.naturalspublishing.com/Journals.asp 1115 Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC), 609-618 (2008).
- Nergiz M. E., Clifton C., Nergiz A. E., Multirelational k-Anonymity, Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on, 21, 1104-1117 (2009).
- Xiangmin Ren, Research on privacy protection based on kanonymity, Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science (ICBECS), 1-5 (2010).
- Vijayarani S., Tamilarasi A. Sampoorna M., Analysis of privacy preserving k-anonymity methods and techniques, Communication and Computational Intelligence (INCOCCI), 540-545 (2010).
- Wenbing Yu, Multi-attribute generalization method in privacy preserving data publishing, eBusiness and Information System Security (EBISS), 1-4 (2010).
- J. Domingo Ferrer, A survey of inference control methods for privacy preserving data mining, Advance in Database Systems, 34, 53-80 (2008).
- N. Shlomo, T. De Waal, Protection of micro-data subject to edit constraints against statistical disclosure, Journal of Official Statistics, 24, 229-253 (2008).
- I. Cano, V. Torra, Edit constraints on microaggregation and additive noise, In Proceedings of the International ECML/PKDD Conference on Privacy and Security Issues in Data Mining and Machine Learning (PSDML10), Springer, 1-14 (2010).
- Jing Zhang, Xiujun Gong, Zhipeng Han, Siling Feng, An improved algorithm for k-anonymity, Contemporary Research on E-business Technology and Strategy Communications in Computer and Information Science, 352-360 (2012).
- Xiaoling Zhu, Tinggui Chen, Research on privacy preserving based on k-anonymity, Computer, Informatics, Cybernetics and Applications Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 107, 915-923 2012.
- P. Samarati, Protecting respondents identities in microdata release, IEEE Trans. On Knowledge and Data Engineering, 13, (2001).
- V. Iyengar, Transforming data to satisfy privacy constraints, In ACM SIGKDD, (2002).
- Xuyun Zhang, Chang Liu, Surya Nepal, Jinjun Chen, An efficient quasi-identifier index based approach for privacy preservation over incremental data sets on cloud, Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 542-555 (2013).
- Lefevre K., Dewitt D. J., Ramakrishnan R., Incognito: efficient full-domain k-annymity, In Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD, 49-60 (2005).
- Xu J.,WangW., Pei J.,Wang X., Shi B., Fu A.W. C., Utilitybased anonymization using local recoding, In Proceedings of the 12th ACM SIGKDD Conference,(2006).
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 108-115
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184141
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Meeta B. Fadnavis, "An Analytical Study on Privacy Preserving Data Publishing using Generalization and Suppression", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.108-115, January-February-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184141