Home > Archives > IJSRST184142
Survey of Different Data Clustering Algorithms
Authors(2) :-N. Kavithasri, R. Porkodi
Cluster is a group of objects that belongs to the same class. Clustering is widely used in diverse areas. There are number of clustering techniques available today. The financial data in banking and financial industry is generally reliable and of high quality which facilitates systematic data analysis and data mining. Data mining is mainly used in telecommunication industry used to identifying the telecommunication patterns, catch fraudulent activities, construct recovered use of source and obtain better value of service. This paper presents the study and analysis of five clustering algorithms namely Simple KMeans, Density Based clustering, Filtered Cluster, Farthest First, and Expectation Maximization for Individual household electric power consumption dataset. The performances of these algorithms are compared using the performance evaluation metrics namely Time taken to build, Number of cluster, and Number of cluster instances. The experimental results show that Filtered cluster, Simple KMeans and Farthest first produce better result than Expectation Maximization and Density Based.
N. Kavithasri, R. Porkodi
Clustering, Simple KMeans, Density Based clustering, Filtered Cluster, Farthest First, and Expectation Maximization.
- META Group application development strategies: "Data mining for data warehouses: uncovering hidden patterns".
- P. Indirapriya, Dr.D.K. Ghosh," A survey on different clustering algorithms in data mining technique", A survey on different clustering algorithms in data Mining technique.
- Archana Singh, "Mining of social media data of university students", Springer.
- Amel Grissa Touzi, Amira Aloui, and Rim Mahouachi, "Cluster_KDD: A visual clustering and knowledge discovery platform", Springer.
- Namrata Gupta, Bijendra, S. Agrawal, Rajkumar M. Chauhan, "Survey on clustering techniques of data mining", American international journal of research in science, technology, engineering & mathematics.
- Jaison B, Kumar T, "A review of stability aware clustering algorithm in vehicular ad hoc network" International conference on innovations in information embedded and communication systems.
- Sukhvir Kaur, "Survey of different data clustering algorithms", International journal of computer science and mobile computing.
- Jasmine Irani, Nitin Pise, Madhura Phatak, "Clustering techniques and the similarity measures used in clustering", International journal of computer applications.
- R. Kabilan, Dr.N.Jayaveeran, "Survey of data mining techniques in cloud computing, International journal of scientific engineering and applied science.
- Eric Sanjuan, "Query refinement through lexical clustering of scientific textual databases", Springer.
- Divya Tomar, Sonali Agarwal, "A survey on data mining approaches for healthcare", International journal of bio-science and bio-technology.
- Tryon, Robert C. Cluster analysis: Correlation profile and Optometric (factor) Analysis for the isolation of unities in mind and personality. Edwards brothers.
- Prakash Singh, Aarohi Surya, "Performance analysis of clustering algorithms in data mining in weka", International journal of advances in engineering & technology.
- Priyanka Sharma, "Comparative Analysis of Various Clustering Algorithms Using WEKA", International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology.
- Narendra Sharma, Aman Bajpai, Mr. Ratnesh Litoriya, "Comparison the various clustering algorithms of weka Tools", International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering.
- Anu Sharma, Dr. M.K Sharma & Dr. R.K Dwivedi, "Literature Review and Challenges of Data Mining Techniques for Social Network Analysis", Advances in Computational Sciences and Technology.
- Sharmila, R.C Mishra, "Performance Evaluation of Clustering Algorithms", International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 344-350
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184142
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
N. Kavithasri, R. Porkodi, "Survey of Different Data Clustering Algorithms", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.344-350, January-February-2018
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184142