Home > Archives > IJSRST184144
Extraction of Maximum Power from a PV Array under Non Uniform Irradiation Conditions
Authors(4) :-Mohanapriya V, Kavitha J, Manoj J, Mythili S
The series and parallel connected panels , partial shading occurs which decrease output power and introduce multiple peaks in the P-V curve. Therefore, to maximize the power extraction from PV array, the panels need to be reconfigured for minimization of row current difference. Row current minimization via Su Do Ku game theory do physical relocation of panels may cause laborious work and lengthy interconnecting ties. Hence in this paper, an alternative to physical relocation based on particle swarm optimization (PSO) connected modules is proposed. In this method the physical location of the modules remains unchanged, while its electrical connections are altered. Extensive simulations are carried out and thorough analysis with the help of I-V, P-V curves are done to support the usefulness of the proposed method. The effectiveness of proposed PSO technique is evaluated via performance analysis based on energy saving and income generation.
Mohanapriya V, Kavitha J, Manoj J, Mythili S
Row Current Minimization, Physical Relocation, Different Shade Patterns, I-V,P-V.
- J. P. Ram, T. S. Babu, and N. Rajasekar, "A comprehensive review on solar PV maximum power point tracking techniques," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 67, pp. 826-847, 2017.
- T. S. Babu, N. Rajasekar, and K. Sangeetha, "Modified particle swarm optimization technique based maximum power point tracking for uniform and under partial shading condition," Applied Soft Computing, vol. 34, pp. 613-624, 2015.
- N. D. Kaushika and N. K. Gautam, "Energy yield simulations of interconnected solar PV arrays," IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 18, pp. 127-134, 2003.
- L. F. L. Villa, D. Picault, B. Raison, S. Bacha, and A. Labonne, "Maximizing the power output of partially shaded photovoltaic plants through optimization of the interconnections among its modules," IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 2, pp. 154-163, 2012.
- Vijayalekshmy S., Bindu, G.R. and Iyer, S.R., "A novel Zig-Zag scheme for spower enhancement of partially shaded solar arrays". Solar Energy.,vol.135, pp.92-102.2016.
- B. I. Rani, G. S. Ilango, and C. Nagamani, "Enhanced power generation from PV array under partial shading conditions by shade dispersion using Su Do Ku configuration," IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. 4, pp. 594-601, 2013.
Published in : Volume 4 | Issue 2 | January-February 2018
Date of Publication : 2018-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 251-254
Manuscript Number : IJSRST184144
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Mohanapriya V, Kavitha J, Manoj J, Mythili S, "Extraction of Maximum Power from a PV Array under Non Uniform Irradiation Conditions", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 4, Issue 2, pp.251-254, January-February-2018.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST184144